How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

Equipment- hide and organize

From user, paraphrased:
I've got quite an arsenal of running shoes, and I would like to be able to re-order the list of shoes alphabetically or by brand.

It would also be nice to be able to hide retired shoes from the list. I don't want to delete the record, because that would also remove the history from my workouts.

166 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frank PippFrank Pipp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    trilifetrilife shared a merged idea: Default shoes for running AND Biking  ·   · 
    Simon GuthrieSimon Guthrie shared a merged idea: Hide retired equipment  ·   · 
    KathleenKathleen shared a merged idea: Allow user to Select Bike Type for each Bicycle listed in Equipment.  ·   · 
    Eric SiebertEric Siebert shared a merged idea: Add a general notes tab where athletes can post whatever notes/reminders they would like regarding their training/equipment, etc.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Was able to see mileage every time I chose a bike when entering actual data for bike workout  ·   · 
    ErickErick shared a merged idea: Add option to use more than one piece of equipment. For example shoes, AND a running stroller.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Provide equipment alerts based on mileage. - Joel Golden  ·   · 
    Tom BammannTom Bammann shared a merged idea: Sport specific equipment  ·   · 
    Tom BammannTom Bammann shared a merged idea: Images of equipment  ·   · 

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John CraftJohn Craft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Retired equipment shouldn't show up in the equipment list for a workout. Ex., don't show retired shoes in the equipment drop down for a run workout.

• trilifetrilife commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can set a default bike on TP, how about a default shoe? It is not the same as my default running shoe.

An expanded version of this would be to have a default shoe associated with the bike you select (which should have a default as well).

Example: My TP default bike is my tri-bike, which comes with my tri-shoe. If I select my road bike, it automatically offers my road shoe...

• Eric SiebertEric Siebert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see a general notes tab where I can post notes regarding my training and equipment that aren't specific to a workout on a given date (I know that already exists) or a current piece of equipment (I know that also already exists).
        I find I have a lot of triathlon "stuff" written in a notebook that would be nice to have with me everywhere I go....and Training Peaks is with me everywhere I go!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In classic, I was able to immediately see the total mileage for a given bike. Now, in beta, I have to go into user settings to see that info.
        Could that feature be added to beta? Thanks for an outstanding product and service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be an ad revenue generator for you. Provide e-mail alert options for equipment based on time / mileage spent training on specific equipment. (e.g. bike chains, brake pads, shoes, etc.) I prefer to do preventative maintenance rather than have equipment failure during training or, worse, a race.

• Squirrel RunnerSquirrel Runner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to absolutely vote for this one. No offense, but what's the benefit of marking a shoe as retired if it can still be selected in the list in a workout?

• Michael JohnsonMichael Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Entering on user's behalf from forum post: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/YAF_Gateway/forumhost.aspx?g=posts&m=796250&#post796250#post796250
        I noticed that training peaks tracks mileage by bicycle.
        Givin that it already has this neat feature, how about going a step further, and allow the user to program different maintainance alerts
        by bicycle, by component, by user defined mileage. Would also be nice to have a page with suggested with recommended intervals, botom barckets, cables, chains cassettes etc...

• Tom BammannTom Bammann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matt,
        What I meant was, if the exercise type is set to 'bike' then running shoes shouldn't (or don't need to be) be displayed. I have shoes for both bikes and running, so drilling down to the shoes list is half way there.
        --t

• Tom BammannTom Bammann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to associate a type of exercise to equipment would be useful, so that way I don't have to scroll through a bunch of my running shoes in order to select equipment for a bicycle related event - and vice versa.

Feedback and Knowledge Base