Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

129 results found

1. Since the PMC is supposed to be an "at a glance" chart, it will be much more intuitive to see if a day's workout is above / below the ATL/CTL plots if they all were on the same scale.

I see that this idea has been offered up before but declined in 2014. Since I no rationale was given, I thought I would bring it up again in the hope that with the all the changes you have made to TrainingPeaks it would be an easy enhancement.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  Josh responded

Great question. We’ve continued to ponder this. We use a different Y-axis scale to display TSS, ATL and CTL so that a user is better able to discern the (relatively) small changes in CTL which are key to tracking training performance. If the TSS scale was the same as ATL and CTL, the larger changes and thus scale of TSS would likely make it difficult to easily monitor changes in CTL.

2. Provide the ability to sync HRV as a TP metric from the Inner Balance app. Syncing HRV from SweetBeat is great, but Inner Balance is also a popular platform that is sometimes more convenient to use.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I wanna check the immortal pro's data, like Froome, Nino schurter, Julien Absalon, would you kindly show me the way?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We often provide data from our professional athletes whom have been so kind as to expressly allow us to do so. You can find this information on our blog as well as our social posts. Thanks for your suggestion.

4. There are lots of new devices and even more metrics, which are even less consistent across devices.

Rather than killing yourself trying to add new data types allow data to be uploaded with a name, giving the responsibility for naming the metric to the people writing the data file.

In my particular case I have a runscribe and would like to combine their data with the data Suuonto Movescount automatically uploads, but I can see how there are probably not enough people with the same device for you to do so. Although if you added up all the users of…

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I see a real need for the TP Coaching Edition to have the functionality to be used offline when connectivity is not available so you can write programs. When service is established, a synch would occur.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks so much for your feedback. While we agree that off-line planning mode would provide an opportunity for training prep and analysis when connectivity is not available, this would require a major redesign of our platform and thus not something we could tackle in the near-term.

6. It would be great, to have a TP version, that can do more than the free version, but less than the premium.

Why ? : I love the planning features of TP, but don't do that much cardio anymore. So the premium version is to expensive, and the free version don't allow me to use the planning features.
    And since i really want to continue to support TP, a basic version, with planning, and some details on workouts, would be great.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When someone buys a training plan, their email should be included in the info provided so the coach can follow up.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can (and do) provide the purchaser’s email address when the buyer has consented to receive additional information in their user settings.

8. More of a fix than an idea. The iOS app has several summary screens showing a '7 Day' total. But the days underneath and the totals themselves actually include a running 8 days.

I think it would be preferable to fix the totals to be a weeks worth of data (as most, I assume, work in weeks) rather than fix the text to say 8 days.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Last 7 Days” date range allow you to see today and what you did on the same day last week. This is the same in the mobile apps and in the web app. This works well for the graphs. For the summary reports there are other date range options that can be used in the mobile apps that include just 7 days: “This Week”, “Last Week”, and “Next Week”.

9. I understand the intent of the pre-activity notes but from a user standpoint it does not make sense to me. Please consider a user accessible pre-activity section to record technique comments aside from the actual workout specifics. As a self coached athlete I would find this area useful to input work out tips and techniques to consider or pre-race focus ideas... Restricted areas within a personal training log don't make sense to me as a user... Please consider this as an RFE..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be great to be able to import and export workout libraries into a format that could be uploaded into other types of coaching software (e.g. Commit Swimming, etc.) or used with one's own Excel spreadsheets.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I really like training peaks, but after years of paying $120 a year for features I wasn't using I decided to stop and switch to Garmin connect. I did this because Garmin connect let me plan out in the future (poorly). I recently switched back because training peaks is more detailed, but I am stuck using the free version I want to pay some features and I feel like the $50-60 is the sweet spot. I am looking for just a few capabilities. 1) planning 2) create workouts. That's really it. Some basic metrics would be a plus.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Training Peaks Classic, you could create sets, reps, ranges, etc and add specific exercises while building out a strength workout. These exercises would have complete descriptions that were created, making them very easy to follow.

In the new software, all the classic workouts have become read only with no way to adjust exercises. All new strength workouts require all info to be placed into the workout description which is not only time consuming, but confusing and ineffective for athletes.

I think we can all agree that strength training is a very important part of endurance performance and injury prevention.…

219 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While we do offer a structured workout builder, we do not provide strength specific workout creation. Please give out partners at TrainHeroic.com a try – they offer a fantastic strength based platform!

13. I would like the title of the workout to be the highlighted item in the workout library, not the duration of the workout.

Entered on behalf of user- MM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Efficiency Factor and other advanced metrics to the Reporting Dashboard Chart.

These are extremely useful metrics, but they do no good when buried in the workout details.

It would be helpful to chart them over time, and correlate them against other metrics in the scatter plot

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. An app that syncronized your hydration and nutrition with your progress in the marathon training.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ability to show and seach/goto a specific date in training plans - especially so in dual calendar mode

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The change to show week numbers instead of dates was based on user feedback. So far the response has been in favor of the change, and there are no plans to change it back at this time. But that could change in the future.

There is a workaround though. If you are not publishing the training plan to the store, but rather using it as a template to plan for your athletes, the workaround is to make the training plan dynamic. Dymanic training plans display with the actual calendar date.

18. Current metrics only work for endurance sessions and a really hard strength workout on the bike can give very low figures for TSS, IF and calories. This affects the graphs for CTL, ATL and make it more difficult to assess a race taper.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Pioneer head unit data is in .db format (sqlite I believe) and is supported by CyclingAnalytics. TrainingPeaks should support this filetype directly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Opening a workout doesn't add any info not already available in the workout list, except to expose an "edit" button. This seems silly. I want to compare details of several workouts without extra clicks. The details should be exposed automatically when I open the workout. Put the "edit" toggle on the details page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If a workout in the library has a description, there is a button to expand the description without needing to go to the edit view. In the future we plan is to show a preview of the description, which will remove a click.

• Don't see your idea?