Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Share Your Insights and Shape the Future of TrainingPeaks

At TrainingPeaks, we're committed to continually enhancing our platform to better serve your needs. Your feedback is essential in helping us achieve this goal. To submit your feedback:

• Search for Your Idea: Before adding a new suggestion, take a moment to search for similar ideas. If you find one that matches, you can add your vote and contribute to the discussion with your comments.

• Add Your New Idea: Have a unique suggestion? We'd love to hear it! Create a new entry with a clear title and a detailed description.

• Rate an Idea's Importance: How important is this feature to you? Let us know by rating its importance helping drive our ever evolving roadmap.

Our product teams regularly review UserVoice contributions during our ongoing prioritization and product discovery process, so this is the best place to suggest the changes you want to see. 

Need Assistance or Want to Report a bug?

If you require assistance with TrainingPeaks or wish to report a problem, our Support Team is here to help. Please reach out to us at TrainingPeaks Support.

Stay Informed About Our Latest Features

To keep up to date with our newest feature releases and updates, visit our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates page.

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

268 results found

1. It would be a good option to be able to choose specific zones for an athlete when building a workout in the Workout builder.
    This could then be chosen from a drop-down menu for the sport-specific zones an athlete has (either based off HR or Pace/power).

152 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  23 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to have an option to make a workout block using "a number of steps" and "a number of repeats". So essentially combine the two options available on the current workout builder.

So I could make a single effort consisting of 5 ramps of targets, and repeat it 3 times. At the moment, I would have to enter that as a ramp block, then having to duplicate it as many times as I need.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In addition to a warm-up and cool-down, interval training usually consists of successive, repetitive performance blocks, which in turn consist of "ramp-up" and "recovery" phases. - Currently TrainingPeaks only allows "sub-blocks" of 2 or 3 step repeats in its "Workout Builder". This is insufficient.Real training life requires more flexibility! Please create a new (or replace) the current blocks with a freely configurable block (up to at least 10 repetitions).A manual workaround is possible, but not status-compliant.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The "note" option allows a coach to leave a comment, general guidance, etc. for individual athletes. It would be nice to have that option for training plans, especial dynamic plans, that a coach may use to communicate schedules to a group of athletes.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. All the workout simply blend together. Very difficult to read and create plans. Please reconsider the former color coded format.

35 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I recently acquired an SmO2 sensor and was able to connect it to my Wahoo Bolt. When I upload the data to TP I can display a scattergraph of the O2 saturation levels by time but the graph seems to round off all the data to whole % points rather then displaying it to the tenth of a percent as is found in the data. The actual data contains three decimal places (ie. .495 or .503 these correspond to 49.5% or 50.3% respectively). However all the scattergraph points just show the whole percent and throw away the last decimal value…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Are there plans for the wellness metrics recorded in the HRV4Training app to be able to come across to TrainingPeaks? Rather than having to use two separate apps each morning, if would be fantastic if the wellness metrics recorded in the HRV4Training app came across into TrainingPeaks, just as the HRV and Pulse numbers do.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add workout should have note as a type. That way you could see a general note that applies across workouts or health factors with ideas to yourself or coach at a high level without having to get to the specific note for a workout.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I noticed today that the app will only download the workout when it is connected to the device, it does not really save the workout on the device. I mean this. I opened the app and downloaded the workout, the app then asked me if I wished to do the workout now. I did not so I closed the TP app thinking it was saved on the watch and I could come back to it later. When I reopened the app, the workout was gone. I had to redownload it and then keep the app open until I got to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The workouts are saved by default to the device and can be accessed later on without using the TrainingPeaks IQ app.

The workouts can be accessed through Garmin’s interface. Make sure that you know the name of the workout you are looking for. This is from Garmin’s help site:
    1. From the watch face, select START.
    2. Select an activity type
    3. Hold the “9 o’clock” button to enter settings
    4. Select Training > My Workouts.‍
    5. Select a workout. Look for it by name.
    6. Select Do Workout.
    7. Select START to start the timer.

Here is Garmin’s help page for going this on a 935, it is the same on all their watches
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner935/EN-US/GUID-3AA7B50B-EBE5-4A29-A15A-316849BA9BDB.html

And for an Edge 820, again it is the same for all Edge devices
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge820/EN-US/GUID-5CA69960-1471-47A1-867E-820FD0B240C8.html

If you use the app enough, then eventually you will need to manually delete the older workouts. You…

10. It appears that the recent updates to the web interface have removed 'Completed TSS' from Settings/Layout/Calendar/Workout. IOW, we can no longer see Planned AND Completed TSS for the workouts in the Calendar.

Please bring this back!
    If I'm missing how to (re)enable this please direct me.
    Cheers,
    /Howie

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default completed duration, distance, and TSS are now always shown on the calendar, which is why the Completed TSS setting was removed. A checkmark now being displayed next to the metric that was used to determine compliance. Planned duration, distance, and TSS are still available as options.

11. It would be nice to see which outside services such as Garmin are connected to my TrainingPeaks account. Most other places have something like this to view connected apps.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In Dashboard section, I would like to see a chart that shows relations between HRV and TSS.
    I have tried HRV with the overlap of "Yesterday's training", but it does not really show any data for the training and if shows them - it will be the TSS score of what?
    I see the HRV is a data field in Metrics and TSS is part of the activities tracking (calculated field?) and those two sources seem to not be integrated into a single chart. Do you have some future plans to do so?
    Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards, …

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. A results page with all of athletes past race results/splits etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice if each activity that has any comments has an indicator in calendar view, indicating that there are comments. The mobile app shows a speech bubble with a number in it, corresponding to the number of comments. It would be great to have that same functionality in the desktop app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Previously, a person could write a comment, enter the Analysis view, continue the comment, got back to the Summary view, and still continue the comment until that comment is saved.

Currently (as of sometime last week 1/8/18, the comment disappears when switching from Summary to Analysis view and vice versa. This makes things much harder to write the full comment as a coach or athlete.

Can we return to the previous way of editing comments.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My coach uses TP to build my structured workouts. The planned workouts, however, cannot be exported to Garmin Connect. I made an email do TP and receive the following answer:

"Thanks for the email. You can't export planned workouts from TrainingPeaks into Garmin Connect. If this is something that you'd like to see on TrainingPeaks I recommend that you add this request to our uservoice forum so our product manager can see it and it will give visibility to other users to vote on."

I export my files do Zwift and make the workout on my smart trainer. I cannot,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Structured workouts planned in TrainingPeaks can be transferred to compatible Garmin devices using our Daily Workout app, which is available in Garmin’s Connect IQ app store. https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005055028-TrainingPeaks-Daily-Workout-Garmin-Connect-IQ-app

The workouts can also be manually copied to the device. https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001076908-Structured-Workout-Export-for-Garmin-Devices

17. As a coach, I have the ability to adjust several aspects of my athlete's completed activity. Examples include run duration, time, and even IF. Several of athletes run on trails, and base their effort on heart rate. On the desktop website, the coach can modify the rTSS to hrTSS for athletes on trails that use HRM. Per TP suggestions, this will more accurately calculate IF, TSS, and the dashboard metrics. However, I am unable change this on the mobile app, forcing me to go to a desktop. This would be a nice feature to include.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are multiple mobile, and desktop, apps that will import structured workouts from TrainingPeaks for controlling smart trainers. These are some of our favorites:
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/choosing-the-right-indoor-cycling-app/

There is an app for Garmin devices that import structured workouts from TrainingPeaks. The newer Garmin models will control smart trainers that support the ANT+ FE-C protocol.
    https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/4b834c4a-96a9-422a-a945-08cea2ee571d

The Wahoo ELEMNT and ELEMNT Bolt are also compatible with structures workouts from TrainingPeaks, and will control the Wahoo KICKR.
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/get-your-daily-workouts-instantly-on-your-wahoo-elemnt-or-elemnt-bolt/

19. Hi. I have been using the structured training created by Workout builder in my Garmin watch, but my Coach creates all running interval training based on RPE (mainly the shorttest ones, 20 seconds for example).
    I know that Garmin doesn't support RPE as a Intensity Target but would be so helpfull if was possible to export the .fit from an RPE training as a workout without Intensity Target to send to Garmin because we could control the Interval times automatically.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. need to see if you can help me deactivate ERG mode - I use an Edge 520 and TP IQ to download my workouts (power based from my coach).
    For some of these the power output is a guideline - and cadence is more important. But due to the 'smart' trainer the resistance goes all over the place.
    Outside of TP workouts I can turn off ERG on the Garmin 520, but all turbos are driven by TP workouts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you are performing the workout you are back in Garmin’s workout interface, so all the same workout settings are available.The Edge 520 uses the ANT+ FE-C protocol to control smart trainers. You should be able to unpair that sensor to prevent the 520 from controlling the resistance of the trainer. you will need to reference the User Guide for 520 for specifics.

• Don't see your idea?