Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Share Your Insights and Shape the Future of TrainingPeaks

At TrainingPeaks, we're committed to continually enhancing our platform to better serve your needs. Your feedback is essential in helping us achieve this goal. To submit your feedback:

• Search for Your Idea: Before adding a new suggestion, take a moment to search for similar ideas. If you find one that matches, you can add your vote and contribute to the discussion with your comments.

• Add Your New Idea: Have a unique suggestion? We'd love to hear it! Create a new entry with a clear title and a detailed description.

• Rate an Idea's Importance: How important is this feature to you? Let us know by rating its importance helping drive our ever evolving roadmap.

Our product teams regularly review UserVoice contributions during our ongoing prioritization and product discovery process, so this is the best place to suggest the changes you want to see. 

Need Assistance or Want to Report a bug?

If you require assistance with TrainingPeaks or wish to report a problem, our Support Team is here to help. Please reach out to us at TrainingPeaks Support.

Stay Informed About Our Latest Features

To keep up to date with our newest feature releases and updates, visit our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates page.

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

268 results found

1. When using TrainingPeaks IQ app, it would be useful to see the current interval # out total interval included in the workout.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you are performing the workout, you are back in Garmin’s workout interface. Their main workout screen is not customizable, but you can customize another screen add the interval count. This is Garmin’s documentation on how to do this on an Edge820, but it works the same on their other devices. There is a section of Workout fields to choose from: https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge820/EN-US/GUID-668E2816-63F2-49B6-B67D-E2DBB2CC2B6E.html If you have any additional questions, please contact our Customer Success Team: https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

2. The recommendation is for a "peak performances" browser/manager in both the web app and the mobile app.

I really like the new-ish Peak Performances feature. It has really helped spark a new resurgence in my performance and i am setting all kinds of new PRs, in part motivated by this feature. If nothing else, it is aiding in my awareness of where my performance is day to day and helping me to set new, realistic goals which drive training and race selection.

I've posted elsewhere a need for a better FTP/field test tracker/manager. One thing i'm actually quite surprised about...is…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. With the release of Garmin labs running power CIQ app for the Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 is would be useful to display this in Training Peaks. I believe that this data is store in a custom developer field so we need a way to read this data in.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are still not seeing run power data in TrainingPeaks, then make sure to update the Garmin Run Power data field(s) on your watch. You want to be on version v1.10 or greater. Updating the data fields is done using either Garmin Express on your PC/Mac, or on your mobile device using the Garmin Connect app.

Garmin’s release notes mention “Support for display of power on 3rd party websites”. That is the fix for showing run power in TrainingPeaks, and other sites. https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a26e5358-7526-4582-af7e-8606884d96bc

The update only applies to new activities, so update the data fields before your next run!

If you bike and run we power, remember to setup run specific power thresholds and zones. Most power related dashboard charts can be filtered by sport type so bike and run data can be split in to their own charts, which we recommend doing.

4. I think it would be a great idea to have a export option for the runners using tp and Zwift to be able to export there workouts as a zwo file to zwift for there indoor training in gray weather

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Total time would help identify if people were taking long breaks on their workouts.

Running dynamics similar to the ones Garmin connect has. If you added this then I wouldn't have to open another app to view their data.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a Garmin scale and it automatically sends my weight to Gamin Connect, it would be helpful if Training Peaks imported this along with my workouts.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When creating workout targets in the workout builder, allow setting target values for duration in range.

For example, currently instead of 10 min warm up at 60%,
    allow setting 10 min warm up at 60% - 65% (this is usually how coaches specify target values..).

This should also apply for actual values, not just percentage of TH. e.g., 10 min warm up at 100 - 120 bpm / 120-150 watt).

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

March 14, 2018
    The workout builder has been updated with three new features:

1. Workout steps can be set to have an open duration. For most devices pressing the lap button will take you to the next step of the workout. This is currently available for Garmin devices. We expect other device manufacturers to implement this feature shortly. A suggested duration is still required for these steps so the planned duration and TSS for the workout can be calculated. This value will also be used for devices and file formats that do not support this feature.

2. Target values for the step (power, pace, heart-rate) can now be set to a custom range. This range will be used for Garmin devices. Most indoor cycling platforms require a single value for ERG mode, and the midpoint of the range will be used in that instance.

3. Cadence can now be set…

8. Create an "Injured" event and mark it on the Performance Management Chart to analyze correlation/causation between ATL levels and the occurence of injuries.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. At the moment the EF disappears in analyzing a run when power is present.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have to option to remove weight and myfitnesspal from my coach's view. It's more important for me and I'm sure it's just clutter for him.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. From a coaching standpoint.. it would be nice to have a tab or a notes page under each athlete. This information would be hidden from the athlete and only usable to the coaches to track personal notes, etc. At this time I'm sure most coaches like myself write notes on paper or on separate system. It would simply things a bit. And keep the information with each athlete.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Josh responded

Check out the new Coach Home view! Thanks again for your feedback.

12. I love the TrainingPeaks IQ Apps on Garmin Units. But only Plans made by the builder can be used. I bought a plan and have to rebuild it with the builder. So please give us a hint/symbol which plans work with the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turn off the feature on TP that sets a +-10% of target zone working watts/pace.
    For example, your coach sets a 10´ warm on zone 50-150W, when you transfer and sync the workout, vit download .fit file or via IQ app to and Edge device, that 10´ interval of warm up is set 65-165W.
    Thats not good, because you may be in another working zone (for example Z1 to Z2).
    So we are having an issue overlapping watts working zones.
    Solution please!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

March 14, 2018
    The workout builder has been updated with three new features:

1. Workout steps can be set to have an open duration. For most devices pressing the lap button will take you to the next step of the workout. This is currently available for Garmin devices. We expect other device manufacturers to implement this feature shortly. A suggested duration is still required for these steps so the planned duration and TSS for the workout can be calculated. This value will also be used for devices and file formats that do not support this feature.

2. Target values for the step (power, pace, heart-rate) can now be set to a custom range. This range will be used for Garmin devices. Most indoor cycling platforms require a single value for ERG mode, and the midpoint of the range will be used in that instance.

3. Cadence can now be set…

14. When purchasing and applying a training plan to the calendar, an estimated TSS would be automatically applied to each workout. This TSS could be based on averages from previously completed workouts.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add lap button as duration in workout builder - when not on a trainer I usually adjust the length of the warm up to match the terrain and traffic conditions. It would be useful to be able to set a section of workout in the workout builder as ending on lap button like you can on Garmin's workout creator

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The new Connect IQ app --
    Let us create our own views.
    only 1 view currently
    screen is missing power and cadence

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The workout is performed using Garmin’s built-in workout mode. Each device is a little different in what is displayed and what can be configured. Garmin’s help center is probably the best source of information for what settings are available for each device.

17. To use when, having created an individualised Plan, apply to the athletes calendar in say, 4 weeks blocks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to accomplish this by using our dual calendar view and copy/paste week(s) from the training plan into your athlete’s calendar. Hope this helps and please do reach out to our customer success team if you have any issues getting this to work. To accomplish this if you have to scroll the view, you can select the first day then shift+select the last day of the period you want to copy then select the copy option. Thanks!

18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do calculate updated thresholds and will notify you and/or apply the updated settings if you have selected the option. You can find this setting in your Account Settings > Zones > Notifications. Hope this helps!

19. I would like to create a workout that has both duration and distance.
    However it seems you can only select one, duration or distance.
    For example a recent workout I am doing is run 2.4 kilometres with 90 seconds recovery (repeat twice).
    The only work around I can see is to create each section individually, see attachment.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It would be nice if the workout builder remembered what metric you used in the past. For example, whenever I create a swim workout, I have to select yards, not meters. It would be helpful if TP remembered that I last built my workout in yards.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

March 14, 2018
    The workout builder has been updated with a few a new features:

3. Cadence can now…

• Don't see your idea?