Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

268 results found

1. When running with Power meter system calculates TSS based on Power, if Power treshold is not set it will calculate based on HR.
    It would be good if either pace would be prioritized over HR, or if there would be possibility to calculate which base to be used for TSS.
    Additionally for session with power metric on the run NGP should be also visible.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Josh responded

You can now toggle how you’d prefer to calc your TSS on your workouts.

2. It would be a great help if workouts created with the workout builder could be uploaded straight to garmin device.

Simular of how workouts are downloaded in training peaks.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Much like you can build from % ftp it would be nice if we could create workouts based on athlete's average/self selected cadence. Probably best to use a +/- on that. So I can say avg cadence + 10 or -10, etc. The workout would make its calculations by athlete when assigned.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

March 14, 2018
    The workout builder has been updated with three new features:

1. Workout steps can be set to have an open duration. For most devices pressing the lap button will take you to the next step of the workout. This is currently available for Garmin devices. We expect other device manufacturers to implement this feature shortly. A suggested duration is still required for these steps so the planned duration and TSS for the workout can be calculated. This value will also be used for devices and file formats that do not support this feature.

2. Target values for the step (power, pace, heart-rate) can now be set to a custom range. This range will be used for Garmin devices. Most indoor cycling platforms require a single value for ERG mode, and the midpoint of the range will be used in that instance.

3. Cadence can now be set…

4. I would like to be able to change from % of FTP to % of threshold speed (or visa versa) for workout I copy.

This would allow me to duplicate workouts I have created for athletes working with power or just HR.

Currently I can copy the workout but not change the fundamental metrics the specific training zones are measured by.

I have to rebuild complex workouts for both groups which is not a good use of my time, so please can we have the copy function amended to include this

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available on all Coach accounts!

5. I would like tot see the weekly Fitness Ramp Rates in the Calendar weekly summary. This way when a plan work-outs, I can directly see the weekly Ramp rates in this side bar.

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. FEATURE REQUEST
    Ability to import a workout file from a third party, like Zwift, Garmin, TrainerRoad, PerfPro, CompuTrainer, or a generic ERG or MRC file, etc. Drag and drop or import the file into the TrainingPeaks calendar day.

BENEFITS
    There are thousands of workout files already out there developed by third parties, and so no reason to have to create more of them in TrainingPeaks, especially if those workouts in TrainingPeaks cannot control a smart trainer.

SUB-REQUEST
    Click on the imported workout and have it launch the third party application (if that app can be opened directly from a workout…

243 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A few months ago, someone suggested that we figure out a way to get workouts from ERGdb.org to TrainingPeaks. Alex at ERGdb thought that was a good idea too, so we put our heads together and found a way to make it happen. As of today you can sync structured workouts from ERGdb to TrainingPeaks. You can also import all of your ERG, MRC, and soon your Z**** workout  files into ERGdb and then sync them to TrainingPeaks. Check out this blog post how it all works and let us know what you think.https://ergdb.org/training-peaks-push-workouts/

7. I use Garmin Workout for my run and swim workouts and TrainerRoad for my bike workouts when I am not riding outdoors. It will be nice if I can export the workouts built on TP to Garmin/TrainerRoad.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As it is today, NGP accounts for hills -- up or down -- by adjusting NGP up when climbing, and adjusting down when descending. However, TrainingPeaks currently applies equal and opposite adjustments for equal up/down grades. That means if you climb and descend the same hill, NGP will be the same as if you just ran flat. That's incorrect. In the real world, if you run up a 6% grade, you burn more energy than the energy you save running down a 6% grade.

I would like to see a much more accurate NGP calculation, as this would help the…

37 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. For those who use HR monitor for all sports including swim and do not have power meters, it would be great to have the possibility to set hrTSS a priority method by default for all the activity type, in order to get consistent TSS estimation across all workouts.
    May be hrTSS, is not the most accurate value but as a multisport athlete I value more the consistency of the measure rather than is absolute precision.
    In case you should work on improving the hrTSS algorithm as it is the most common way people want to use to understand their effort.…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

While you cannot set a default for the TSS calc, you can now toggle between which channel you’d like to use to calc the TSS for your workouts.

10. The ability for a coach to design a trainer app workout for an athlete to complete, rather than hand writing workouts. In the same way that trainer road deliver their workouts. Golden cheetah also has this function and has a shared erg DB to load shared workouts.

Trainer workouts that I prescribe for my athletes are limited by what I can communicate in written form. More complex, varied and specific workouts are difficult to write. If a coach could design a workout that shows the athlete a target power based on %FTP as they go through it then they could…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Although being able to get TSS from IF and duration is useful, it would be much more useful to have an estimator that allowed you to enter details of the workout e.g.

20 mins warmup - HR Z1

3x
    3 mins PWR Z5
    2 mins HR Z2

10 mins Cooldown HR Z1

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion – we’re planning on having a tool to assist with this shortly!

Check out our new Workout Builder! You can now create you customized workout by power and duration and see an estimated TSS.

12. Would like to see the planned and completed summary as currently on the web version also on the iPad and iPhone app. Today, I have to log into the web version each time to so my I perform vs. plan. Very cumbersome!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Fitness Summary Report” and the “Fitness Summary Chart”, which are available in the mobile dashboard for premium users, shows this data and more. The date range for either can be configured to show the summary for “This Week”, “Last Week”, and even “Next Week”. Both charts can be configured to show all sports, or just a selection of sports as well.

13. Configuring the dashboard pie chart to display further than 999,999m for rowing would be helpful as many people row this far within a year. Or maybe allow for some kind of "lifetime distance" option.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please make HRV and all other metrics export to the .csv file

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like edit the week description in the ATP manually.
    For example: preparation period, specific preparation period, competition period, taper....It should be possible to create week 1-12 like the personal makro- or meso cycle.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. As a coach working with multiple athletes with different FTPs, I would like to be able specify workouts in terms of duration at a certain percentage of FTP. For example, 2x 20' @ 90%. I'd like to be to store this workout in my library and be able to drag it to different athletes and auto-update based on each athlete's FTP. So if an athlete has an FTP of 300W, when I drag my 2x20 workout to his calendar, the 90% of FTP gets replaced with 270 W.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be great to add a TSS bar chart of the ATP, ideally with the ability to filter by sport.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion. We just released TSS based ATP. This first version is consolidated across sport types. We’re looking to enable TSS planning by sport type in the future.

18. Integration between Microsoft Band and TP to import steps, workouts and sleeps data

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Right now, if my coach comments on a workout I won't get a notification (using athlete basic version). I only found some of these comments by clicking back through history and just happened to notice them. Would be nice to get an alert.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently, planned TSS is not showed in charts such as TSS per week.
    As TP is a planning tool, I think this is a must.

It will help to see at a glance if the following weeks are hard or not and if there is any unusual behaviour in planned TSS.

This is possible with other metrics, sucha as planned duration or distance. Why not for TSS

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve just released TSS based ATP so you can now plan and track your season with TSS.

• Don't see your idea?