How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

Add support for Swim HR (Heart Rate) to AutoSync form Garmin

It seems that this has been asked for by users in may places for over 18 month now, yet has never been implemented. To make it unmistakably clear how important this is to users I added this as a single request, rather than being mixed in and thus overlooked / forgotten.

For clarification and to be precise:
This feature request is for the support of reading the heart rate from a swim workout captured on a Garmin device directly via the Garmin AutoSync using the .FIT file. Manually exporting the file as TCX file from Garmin Connect, then opening training peaks, deleting the AutoSync'd file that has no heart rate and then manually uploading the TCX file is archaic.

If you implement further swimming metrics at the same time then that would of course be great ;)

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Philipp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Future Opportunity  ·  Josh responded  · 

We are keen on making this happen! Thanks for your continued patience and please know that we are doing our best to make this happen!

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dembo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would indeed be very welcome. If I export a swim activity with heart rate data from Garmin as a TCX file and import it into TrainingPeaks the heart rate data shows. However, the swim analytics such as pool size etc. seem to be gone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base