How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

Bring back decimals on PMC!

Today's update removed key decimal points on TSS, CTL, etc. please bring it back!

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Scott Semple commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disagree. The removal of decimal places was a great choice.

The idea that fitness metrics could be decimal-place accurate is silly.

Bravo to Training Peaks for making the PMC metrics more "real world".

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur...the accuracy / precision of the data is compromised when reported in whole numbers only. Both mobile and computer platforms are far more useful when Fitness, Fatigue, etc. are reported to one decimal place.

• Jamie Clements commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On September 7th the decimal points where removed from the PMC metrics.

I appreciate that this has been done for a reason.

Therefore I think an option in settings to use decimal points (or not) is the best option for moving forward?

I really would like the decimal points back!
        Personally I feel not having them provides inaccurate current information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to choose whether or not you get to see the decimals in the performance chart? I found the extra information useful.

• G M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The decision to make this change is a very definite and disappointing step backwards in the functionality of TrainingPeaks. This is a program which is built to allow the users to make informed decisions based upon the data which they have provided, and having that data truncated for no apparent reason is extremely limiting.

When any new customer is beginning to use TP, part of the learning curve involves understanding how their CTL evolves and how much breakthrough days, recovery days, low IF endurance sessions, etc affect their baseline and developing the ability to use TP in to correctly ramp and build fitness. If you're rolling around at, as given in another example, ~60 CTL, you should know that you can expect a 1.5 or so decrease on a full recovery day. -1.4 at 55 CTL, -1.3 at 50 CTL and so on. With the new change that isn't clear AT ALL and the rounding to a whole number makes the numbers appear at times to be arbitrary which will definitely be confusing to new users. In the same way, If you are at 64.6 CTL and have a solid 100 TSS workout, you will see no change in your numbers. Same if you're at 65.4 and have a 35 TSS activity. And in terms of weekly ramp rates, the differences are basically an order of magnitude larger on a scale where precision of data is even more necessary.

Showing (and by extension, helping its users learn) how the numbers work together to provide a comprehensive understanding is where TrainingPeaks proves that it's the best product on the market. By implementing this change, you are actively reducing both the effectiveness of the app and the value of your service. Please reconsider this change.

• Damon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree! For people who are serious about their training, there is a significant difference between, say, 60.6 and 61.4, both of which would be rounded to 61. Very disappointing!

• Dan U commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the Mobile App, why/why did you take away the decimal places and replace with whole numbers for TSS, CTL and other metrics (etc.) with the early Aug 2017 release? This makes it much more inconvenient to check always via a laptop and the web-app. If possible, please add this as an option to toggle in the mobile-app instead of just taking it away completely.

Feedback and Knowledge Base