How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

Add new workout types

It would be nice to be able to create a new activity type to track. As an XC ski coach, I'd like to be able to track XC Ski- Skate and XC ski-Classic as well as Rollerski- Skate and Rollerski-Classic. It would also be good to be able to track Yoga and other activities that an athlete does regularly that don't fit neatly into the current categories.

433 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Adam St.PierreAdam St.Pierre shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Future Opportunity  ·  BenAdminBen (Admin, TrainingPeaks) responded  · 

We have a plan to add the ability to tag workouts so that we can support an unlimited set of workout types. It’s in the works, albeit a ways off.. but we’re getting there! Thanks for the suggestion.

50 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Colin SimonColin Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More climbers are using platforms like training peaks... you already work with climbing coaches, so please create a climbing sport type!

• MarvinMarvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would be nice for the Custom workout type to be truly customizable. For example, if I created 2 workouts under the Custom heading named Yoga and Stretching, each should appear under their own heading in the fitness summary chart.

Given the popularity of fitness trackers maybe a true custom field is of greater precedence now. Many activities sync to TP as Other. Supporting every category of every device seems excessive however a custom field would allow the user to manually categorize.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an avid inline marathoner and runner, I would like to have the ability to set up separate graphs for each sport. Currently, my running and 'other' workouts are all blended together in the dashboard.

• Paavo JuntunenPaavo Juntunen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It​ would be nice to see this feature sooner than later... Now I need two systems to track my workouts and the other one is free. You can't separate rowing, indoor rowing and paddling in any way.

• AprilApril commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to choose if a ride was indoor or outdoor and then have charts built to compare metrics between the two.

• Gabriele TIGabriele TI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it could be nice to have the possibility to create new sport (new kind orthe same sport, but indoor/outdoor) and create different profile of power,heart and pace .to have a better accuracy of tss

i would love to be able to mark the days with "holiday" and the traveldays with a travel icon; additional "Ski Mountaineering" as workout option would be nice to have

• April ZilgApril Zilg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea, as long as the workouts that are built can be downloaded to the garmin's (like running and biking). I like the idea of having "SUP" workouts in miles (not meters like rowing), and being able to send them to my garmin. I would also love to be able to track my athlete's miles in SUP, outrigger canoe, prone, etc. Various "other" activities, but I need to see a break down on which they are doing with their time on the water.

Indoor Rowing as activity would be very nice, as it is not the same to row outdoor in a boat or indoor on the concept2

Please add for tracking indoor spinning class! It's very different from outdoor cycling and I would love to be able to log this information better.

Also there is XC skiing, but what about snowboarding?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great for coaches to be able to add more types of workout / disciplines, for example "Stretching", "SUP", "Mountainbike"...
        This would be a very great feauture!

• Ashley HowellAshley Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great, i have recently removed my running pace zones as my stress scores were way off when hitting the mountains however it would be nice to glance at the homepage before a speed session to see what pace i should be targeting instead of having to store that data somewhere else to refer to, or as i do most of the time just pick a speed i think will work for my requirements...

• Eric CoteEric Cote commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Trail Running in the activity type and use hrTSS by default instead of rTSS which does not take into consideration the technical difficulties of the trail or the steep elevation changes

Please don't forget to add a Trail Run icon to distinguish from Road Run. Similar to Road Bike and Mountain Bike icons.

Please can we have the ability to add equipment other than just shoes or bikes? i.e. Rowing machine.

• Peter WilliamsPeter Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have you guys considered adding more sports categories. I have used TP for 18 months but always feel a little disappointed in the number of categories. I use Movescount , linked to TP, and it has over 50.

Even if you added a few categories it would assist analysis. I have a whole stack of activities under 'Custom' or 'Other' and while the free text title is good for explaining activity, the hours are just lumped together. As an example, I coach juniors rugby and found that during training and playing games (I can be on the field at Under 6 level), the sessions workload over the 1.5 hours generate heart rates up to 130 so I have begun to track as activities (more than 25 sessions)

Examples of additional categories are Sports Indoor (basketball, indoor soccer), Sports Outdoor (Rugby, Grid Iron, AFL etc) , Stationary Equipment (bike, elliptical, rower), Group Exercise (Pilates, Aerobics, Yoga etc). Just a suggestion and great program regardless

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base