How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

Equipment- hide and organize

From user, paraphrased:
I've got quite an arsenal of running shoes, and I would like to be able to re-order the list of shoes alphabetically or by brand.

It would also be nice to be able to hide retired shoes from the list. I don't want to delete the record, because that would also remove the history from my workouts.

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Frank PippFrank Pipp shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Pedro QuintasPedro Quintas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow the possibility to divide our workout with precise time of laps

Ex: from 10:30 until 16:30 Lap #4

and so on and not just by proximity as we can on the display rolling the pointer on the desired zone witch we can but will always be close like (10:29:51 until 16:30:06) for example.

• Pedro QuintasPedro Quintas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When we mark an item as retired it should disappear from the possible choices and be there just for database.

• John CraftJohn Craft commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Retired equipment shouldn't show up in the equipment list for a workout. Ex., don't show retired shoes in the equipment drop down for a run workout.

• trilifetrilife commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can set a default bike on TP, how about a default shoe? It is not the same as my default running shoe.

An expanded version of this would be to have a default shoe associated with the bike you select (which should have a default as well).

Example: My TP default bike is my tri-bike, which comes with my tri-shoe. If I select my road bike, it automatically offers my road shoe...

• Eric SiebertEric Siebert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to see a general notes tab where I can post notes regarding my training and equipment that aren't specific to a workout on a given date (I know that already exists) or a current piece of equipment (I know that also already exists).
        I find I have a lot of triathlon "stuff" written in a notebook that would be nice to have with me everywhere I go....and Training Peaks is with me everywhere I go!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In classic, I was able to immediately see the total mileage for a given bike. Now, in beta, I have to go into user settings to see that info.
        Could that feature be added to beta? Thanks for an outstanding product and service.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be an ad revenue generator for you. Provide e-mail alert options for equipment based on time / mileage spent training on specific equipment. (e.g. bike chains, brake pads, shoes, etc.) I prefer to do preventative maintenance rather than have equipment failure during training or, worse, a race.

• Squirrel RunnerSquirrel Runner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to absolutely vote for this one. No offense, but what's the benefit of marking a shoe as retired if it can still be selected in the list in a workout?

• Michael JohnsonMichael Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Entering on user's behalf from forum post: https://www.trainingpeaks.com/YAF_Gateway/forumhost.aspx?g=posts&m=796250&#post796250#post796250
        I noticed that training peaks tracks mileage by bicycle.
        Givin that it already has this neat feature, how about going a step further, and allow the user to program different maintainance alerts
        by bicycle, by component, by user defined mileage. Would also be nice to have a page with suggested with recommended intervals, botom barckets, cables, chains cassettes etc...

• Tom BammannTom Bammann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Matt,
        What I meant was, if the exercise type is set to 'bike' then running shoes shouldn't (or don't need to be) be displayed. I have shoes for both bikes and running, so drilling down to the shoes list is half way there.
        --t

• Tom BammannTom Bammann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The ability to associate a type of exercise to equipment would be useful, so that way I don't have to scroll through a bunch of my running shoes in order to select equipment for a bicycle related event - and vice versa.

Feedback and Knowledge Base