Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

46 results found

1. Based on the concept of thrust to weight ratio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrust-to-weight_ratio), it would be nice to have a graph that tracks:

FTP in seconds (power) / weight

I currently have to do this calculation myself and hide it in the 'waist' metric to display it as a graph.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Considered  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. For a coach working in the program will become more comfortable and convenient, if you have the ability to create blocks of exercises for the athlete, for example, the athlete has morning training and evening training, morning running and stretching, night Jogging, stretching and strength. And it would be great to have a clear division into blocks in the calendar for morning exercises and evening exercises. And the ability to create these blocks by different criteria and to assign them names in a free form.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. In workout builder it would be nice to use speedzones, as an other way to build your workout. Right now it is only % of threshold speed that are possible to use. You have a lot of possibilities to find Your speedzones, but no way of using them in your workout. As for right now you can only use speedzones to analyse your training, and not to plan it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have title of workout field have the ability to remember workout names. I have certain workouts that I repeat on a regular basis. It would be nice to be able to populate a dropdown with these names so I don't have to type them in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  Josh responded

For workouts which you repeat on a regular basis, you can save the workout to your workout library and simply drag and drop the saved workout to your calendar. Hope this helps.

5. Since the PMC is supposed to be an "at a glance" chart, it will be much more intuitive to see if a day's workout is above / below the ATL/CTL plots if they all were on the same scale.

I see that this idea has been offered up before but declined in 2014. Since I no rationale was given, I thought I would bring it up again in the hope that with the all the changes you have made to TrainingPeaks it would be an easy enhancement.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  Josh responded

Great question. We’ve continued to ponder this. We use a different Y-axis scale to display TSS, ATL and CTL so that a user is better able to discern the (relatively) small changes in CTL which are key to tracking training performance. If the TSS scale was the same as ATL and CTL, the larger changes and thus scale of TSS would likely make it difficult to easily monitor changes in CTL.

6. It would be great to be able to import and export workout libraries into a format that could be uploaded into other types of coaching software (e.g. Commit Swimming, etc.) or used with one's own Excel spreadsheets.

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. ability to show and seach/goto a specific date in training plans - especially so in dual calendar mode

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The change to show week numbers instead of dates was based on user feedback. So far the response has been in favor of the change, and there are no plans to change it back at this time. But that could change in the future.

There is a workaround though. If you are not publishing the training plan to the store, but rather using it as a template to plan for your athletes, the workaround is to make the training plan dynamic. Dymanic training plans display with the actual calendar date.

8. Current metrics only work for endurance sessions and a really hard strength workout on the bike can give very low figures for TSS, IF and calories. This affects the graphs for CTL, ATL and make it more difficult to assess a race taper.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. My wife and I use TP and share the same laptop at home. It would be great if there could be a way for us to quickly switch from one person's login to the other, without all the clicking and typing required to logoff and login again.

How about listing the last few users logged in on that computer in the drop-down menu at the top, then popping up a quick password box, to quickly switch between users.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, this is not a feature that we plan to add. That may change in the future, but nothing is definite.

There are a few workarounds though, such as letting the browser autocomplete your user/pw, use a tool like LastPass, or use two different browsers – each browser will store its own login information.

10. When copying an existing training plan in my coaching account, it would be VERY helpful if the "Settings" screen for the newly created plan would popup automatically after naming the new plan. This occurred automatically in the Classic coaching account. As it is now, I need to search for the newly created plan in order to update/edit any settings, since I usually need to, as it doesn't carry over certain settings, such as Dynamic Plans.

This creates a lot of extra clicks and makes the process take a lot longer than necessary.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Submitted on behalf of Coach Mara: I would like to see not just mm/yyyy in athlete settings, but mm/dd/yyyy in the athlete settings. I like to send my athletes a birthday wish and without the ability to have a date in the data it is hard to do this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When working with track/road sprinters and cyclocross riders, I have found that knowing and having hub/crank/bb torque values is very helpful in making sure the riders have the instant start power they need to be successful in some events. Can the online version have an estimate like the desktop WKO? Thanks!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Recently, I am no longer able to make changes to dynamic plans on the current day. It changes on the dynamic plan but not on the athletes' plans. I constantly adjust dynamic plans so it does not make sense not to have this functionality.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Right now the TSS of the combine events is NOT the same as the TSS if entered separately. Often the distance is also not the correct total.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like a chart where I can highlight segments of the ride and drag them down into a separate chart where it will link those together and give me all the data points on the cumulative group of segments I pull in. This way I can better look at the total time at intensity and display more clearly to that athlete what we are aiming for as we link together intervals or other meaningful segments.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To provide a basic facility that can be chosen by 'joe public' to be either a generic TP training plan or a specific coach driven plan. based upon basic generic sport specific training plan. I would be able to select what I believe to be the most suitable plan for my need and then overlay that plan onto my personal athlete calendar. Eg: if I were to see a simple increase FTP training program I could select it and try and plan my days training accordingly and then maybe closer to, or during race season I could change to a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The premium accounts need to have a function in which I can create a training plan, save it in a personal library, and then apply and reapply as needed. I run several of the same races every year and want to simply apply a plan. I know I can copy a week, but going week by week from a year ago to "today" is an unnecessary step in what should be a click and drop style solution.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. My peak power graph in dashboard shows grey and purple in the legend (last 3 months versus last 2 years) but in the graph itself both lines are purple, one being darker than the other, with no grey in there at all.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please allow the calendar week to start on Sunday.

It is hard to reconcile this calendar with others when the weeks do not line up. Please fix this. I need Sunday to be the first day of the week so that it matches other calendars.

29 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    180 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The new syncing tools (ex. Garmin AutoSync or tapiriik) are very handy for athletes. However they have introduced a new problem. Athletes without the necessary attention or guidance just activate everything from different platforms and the same workouts just start syncing without checking if that file is already at TP. The end result: duplicates, triplicates, etc. As a coach I would like to have a tool where duplicates, triplicates, etc would be detected and offered a solution to fix it. Thanks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3