TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get social stats from Strava

It's hard to beat Strava's social stats these days then why not partner with Strava to show in TrainingPeaks workouts social stats/snapshots about an athlete's workout (eg. group rides, top 5 segments marks, flybys...). It would be very helpful for me as a coach to contextualize these workouts. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable Library Filters to work with sliders & typing

When you search for workouts in the library the sliders are not effective. Enable the ability to type in the range. This is particularly difficult for duration based filters. I'm often trying to filter to less than an hour and it is hard to control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Autolap per distance or interval

There should be a way to split training automatically per distance or interval. Now that decision has to be made before starting to exercise and might not seem to be relevant when having a look at the data afterwards. For analysing you might want to have a look different distances for example marathon you might want to have a look 1km 5km and 10km splits or even better just divide to given count of splits (1/2/4/..).

Obviously these splits should not be mixed up with splits you get from watch or create manually.

Now all this has to be done…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Smoothing out average power output AFTER end of training / Comparison with other Runners

I am using Stryd since approximately 30 Days and i love getting those additional insights in my training. Furthermore i was interested in analyzing my training data in greater detail and looked at WKO5 during the 14 Day Trial Period.

Initially, i was interested in the calculation of a different PD-Curve than the one i got from from Stryd, because it seemed a bit too high (especially my CP (t = 60) Value was 30 W higher than calculations from other tools like WKO and The Secret of Running).

I reckoned the reason for this must be either a) different…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. FTP in Ride Summary and in Charts

Currently there is no provision to track FTP in past rides. For eg, if I open a ride from 2 years ago, I can see NP and other metrics, but I don't know what my FTP was that day.
    Makes it very hard to understand progression.
    It would be better to include that day's FTP in the Ride Summary and also be able to track FTP historically in the charts mode

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Stryd Wind Version Metric on PD Curve on WKO Run View

One suggestion on the PD Curve that the power from FIT file are Total power and that effect the PDCurve. Could you please provide the WKO Basic Run view that specify to Wind version?

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Would be great to be able to black an athlete from being able to add in their own ‘planned’ duration and ‘planned’ duration in work outs.

Disabling the ability for athletes to add their own planned duaration or distance... ie. Freeze that function from being edited.

Frustrating when they focus on that criteria and simply checking the box - and wanting to make the session ‘green’ rather than the execution of the session

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Include automatic elevation correction for free accounts. Strava does this for free accounts, automatically.

I don't know how often this happens to people. I am a runner. I use a Wahoo HR monitor which connects via Bluetooth to the Wahoo app. Unfortunately the Wahoo app does a really bad job at reporting elevation gain. Sometimes orders of magnitude. I had 500 ft reported when it should have been 2000 ft. Wahoo support says it's my phone (Google Pixel 2 XL) barometer. I have the Wahoo app upload the workout to Strava and Training Peaks. Both free accounts. Strava must do automatic correction of that, because it always shows the correct elevation gain. Training Peaks…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use an alternative means of calculating training stress as TSS is invalid.

The way TSS is calculated is wrong. If you arbitrarily split a workout into two, the sum of the two TSSs calculated for each part does not equal the TSS of the whole. (In fact TSS^2/n = TSSa^2 / na + TSSb^2 / nb where n are the number of samples in the whole vector and two sub vectors a and b). This lack of linearity is problematic and probably underlines some athletes adverse experiences with TSS.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Zones and workouts not only based on anaerobic threshold but also on aerobic threshold

Hi, I use TP a lot for my clients. But now I have a problem, because I also do exercise testing (CPET, Cardio Pulmonary Exercise Testing). With this testing I assess 2 thresholds, namely VT1 and VT2 (the first is the aerobic threshold and the latter is the FTP/anaerobic threshold). Also zones are made from these 2 thresholds, derived from Stephen Seiler's 3 zones model (below VT1, between VT1 and VT2, above VT2), which is also the polarized model (80/20 model).

Unfortunately, when I make a workout file, I can only choose which percentage of the FTP/VT2 for my block…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Show metric questions in the openning page in the mobile advices!

Many of my athletes don´t answer the metric questions that I put on their calendar because they don´t see them.
    In the app TP Version the metric question are showed just in the feed and not in the opening page, therefore they just check the workout of day and the metrics are forgotten in the feed

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show 'real' lap time instead of elapsed time

When looking at 'Map/Graph' then 'Entire Workout', the lap times shown include all elapsed time, even if the Garmin had been manually paused (to tie shoes, pick up the dog's ****! etc).
    To find the 'real' lap time when work was actually taking place, you have to individually click on each lap to find the 'correct' time - you are then shown two times - the real duration and the total elapsed time (now in brackets).
    It's a bit clumsy to have to click on each individual lap every time.
    Any chance of changing this please? :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improved Calendar View

On the home page, allow coaches to see further than 1-week in advance. Useful for helping to plan athlete seasons and see further than just the current week and 7-days ahead in advance. This would be a useful tool to see where each athlete is planned up too.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. so close to being great - a vote for viewing (display) and print options

Coming from final surge, and no offense guys... but, they have got it spot on! I transitioned to TP, because that is where my plan now is. I am finding TP so non-intuitive and not very user friendly. For example, you can't change workout views to see what you have to do per week... you have to open up each individual day (I am on android if that matters) to view just one workout, without a whole week glimpse overview? You can do this on the PC - it just needs to happen on the APP! It's so FRUSTRATING! Also,…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add in Coach notification when an Athlete adds an Event in the future

When an athlete adds a comment or completes a workout the Coach gets a notification. It would be helpful for Coaches to also get a notification when a premium Athlete adds a future event.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Event Goals: separate overall and age group place

Please add separate place goals on events for the overall results and age group results. Currently there's only a single place goal field. For my next race there's no way I'll get on the overall podium, but if everything goes perfectly then I have a slight chance of a 3rd place finish in my AG. I'd like to be able to distinguish between the two types of place goals.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Calculating REAL training stress with my PTS

Hello,
    I have a proposal regarding the measurement of Traing stress, that is much more accurate than the TSS in terms of real training load. With the TSS we have the problem that for example a 2-hour low intensity training on the bike with 98 TSS weighs almost as much as a one-hour HIIT with 100 TSS in calculating CTL, ATL and TSB. But this is a big difference from the physical as well as from the mental load. The recovery time is also significantly different. Therefore my solution for this is: PTS (Perceived Training Stress)

PTS is calculated by…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow the user to configure default TSS type per activity type

My running watch estimates "running power". And because this power is synced to TrainingPeaks, my runs default to TSS.

However, I really don't trust "running power" and would like my TSS to be simply based on pace (rTSS). Now, I have to modify the TSS for every training back from TSS to rTSS.

What I would really like (as the subject says): Is to be able to configure a default TSS type for an activity type. That way I could set the default for running to rTSS.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories