TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A workout category is needed

Looking from a higher level an endurance athlete's every workout can be placed in one of the following five buckets:

• Low intensity (LIT)

• Medium intensity (MIT)

• High intensity (HIT)

• Strength session

• Speed session

• We need a way to apply right tag for each workout and

• see the overview in calendar view (preferably in colors)

This would help athletes to see what kind of sessions during the week are described and coaches to see if the week was executed right. This information is usually written in workout title. Also the coaches can open a single workout but getting a bigger picture…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. email to an athlète

Why there is not a tchat or the ability to email to an athlète in TP ?.
    I've often question to ask to the athlete before an activity. Every time, I must send an email outside of TP. I lose time and traceability.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. shading on the PMC Chart to show years

I have 10+ years of data stored in TrainingPeaks and use the web view. The date range for the PMC chart is set to show all data. We know that the TSS/d is displayed the Y axis and date on the X. TSS has helpful lines but t can sometimes be a challenge to see relative change year over year or compare to same time to years prior. My feature request is for shaded columns (annual -- Jan 1 to Dec 31); this would really help compare year to year. Suggested UI change attached.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Calculate and display automatic lap data when syncing with apple health

When I record a workout on an app on my apple watch ("workoutdoors") it can sync with apple health. I am then able to sync this wiht training peaks but none of my automatic lap data is transferred. If this can be calculated and displayed in training peaks based on the information that is sent from apple health that would be fantastic.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone / iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. A way for athletes to book a call with their coach

I’m would be great for coaches to be able to have a ‘calendar’ where we can have our available times and days for calls. Then athletes can just sign up weekly and once they do we get messaged. Since athletes are so busy it’s hard to always get calls in and now that I have more athletes, I’m spending more time organizing this then I am writing programs. I’ve tried calendry but it’s one more site they have to go to so many don’t bother I’m trying to use TrainingPeaks for everything, this added service would really help me manage…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. automatically move training blocks in Annual Training Plan (ATP)

I'd like to move training blocks without adjusting the ATP manually. e.g. when planning a vacation i'd like to insert a week (or more) of transition and automatically move the planned training blocks the according weeks back. or i might enter an event as a "trainig free period" and the ATP plans around that period.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Build a chart with average speed per training session (biking)

I would like to build me a chart (bars or curves) where i can see the development of my average speed withina certain time period (last year, month, week, all time, custom etc). It would be very fine if TP could add such a chart to the chart library.
    The average speed is calculated in the workout overview, therefor it should not be so difficult to access this value and built a chart from this data?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding new equipment

Can we get a function to add new equipment, easily, through the mobile app. The mobile website is awful, especially on iOS, nothing fits to screen and usability is really poor, which makes the process lengthy and more of a nightmare.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enable sync of self evaluation data from Garmin Connect

Garmin recently updated some of their Forerunner devices to enable users to enter Self Evaluation data during the save of the activity just completed. Two values are asked for: perceived effort (scale: 0-10) and how you felt (5 point scale from Very Weak to Very Stong).

These seem to map directly to what TrainingPeaks has had as an activity setting for years already.

Is there any plan in place to automatically set the values in TrainingPeaks during sync of activity data from Garmin Connect?

This sure would make life easier for TrainingPeaks users who are also Garmin device users (a…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Tag device used to record session

TrainingPeaks web app could read the device brand & model used to record the session (just like WKO5 does) add this info in the tags section or elsewhere. It would be helpful when dealing with duplicates or asking an athlete to change a specific setting on his device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Smart description, pre- and post-activity comments

The description, pre-, and post-activity comments fields could work with basic math functions and variables (eg. set FTP).

For example, I like to note "15+17+12=44 minutes of sweet spot intervals". The web app could do the math for me, just like Excel.

Another option is to check interval numbers against reference metrics like FTP or max HR. For example, I could write 30 min @ 300/FTP, and it would return the interval avg power/FTP ratio.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add inline skating as a workout category

It would be great if inline skating could be added to your platform, I also noticed that a coach is offering inline skate training plans - so I think this makes sense - thanks! https://www.trainingpeaks.com/training-plans/other/tp-47613/8-weeks-prepare-for-inline-speed-skating-marathon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Better Smart Segments

WKO3 had Multifile Range Analysis, where you manually added segments to a comparison file so you compare your past efforts on a particular part of a ride. This was dropped for WKO4 (booo).

WKO5 has Smart Segments based on GPS data recognising you were riding the same road as a previously identified Smart Segment. These fail in two ways though.

1. You can't remove efforts from the analysis where you were just sitting in a bunch having a chat. This will quickly make finding the date you want to analyses more difficult, as it will be surrounded by data you don't…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Training availability improvement

It would be more productive to show the unavailability description (if present). As a coach, I am always hovering over it to check why an athlete can't train on a specific day(s) as it may affect the workouts before or after it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pop-up remains open as the mouse moves horizontally along chart

Feature request: In the widget that display heartrate/pace overlaid against elevation profile, there is a pop-up window that is displayed when the mouse hovers over one of the plot lines.

Currently, the pop-up disappears if the mouse doesn't trace one of the plot-lines. This is both difficult and frustrating to do.

It would be great if this pop-up appeared and followed the mouse as it moves horizontally along chart.

Hope this makes sense. Please see the screenshot attached for more information.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Auto-calc TSS for a planned workout

Hi guys. For the longest time I’ve wondered why the mobile app doesn’t allow for auto-calc’ing the TSS of a planned workout based on duration and intensity. For me, it makes the app not very useful. I have to go to the browser app. Could this please be added?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Metrics to be used in a Training Plan

I would like to be able to use Metrics (just as any workout type) in a Training Plan. Currently, there seems no automated way to add a Metrics "workout" to every week/day of an athlete's calendar.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable saving of x/y scatter plot axis.

I use x/y scatter plots to analyse power/torque effectiveness and pedal smoothness. But each time I close a work it defaults to HR/elevation.

Can you make the x/y scatter settings permanent and not default back to HR/elevation?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Synchronization with TrainHeroic

Strength is now a key part of an endurance athlete's program, and my S&C coach uses TrainHeroic while my regular coach uses TrainingPeaks. The fact that I have to copy workouts and comments over by hand absolutely blows my mind considering that you are literally the same company. There should be an easy way to synchronize S&C programming in TrainHeroic with endurance programming in TrainingPeaks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Events notification

It would be helpful to have notifications when an athlete or coach added an event to the calendar or ATP.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base