TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync Structured Swim and Strength Workouts to Garmin

Currently, I build my run and bike workouts in TP but I have to build my swim and strength workouts in Garmin Connect because the swim workouts that I build in TP will not sync to my garmin watch. This is very frustrating. This is probably the biggest reason I have not bought a triathlon training plan.

161 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Self coached athletes can create plans for themselves

Today its possible for self coached athletes to create custom workouts and schedule them per drag and drop in the calendar.
    It would be nice, if self coached athletes can create their own custom plans (e.g. 4week base and so on) and safe them in a folder for annual planning.
    This feature will not replace real coaches, just make it easier for those who don't want a coach at all.

47 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Structure workouts based on specific Zones

It would be a good option to be able to choose specific zones for an athlete when building a workout in the Workout builder.
    This could then be chosen from a drop-down menu for the sport-specific zones an athlete has (either based off HR or Pace/power).

66 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

5. Enable Workout Builder on Mobile App

Often times I’m running all kinds of virtual training apps on my iPad and it is not convenient to use PC/Mac to do the work every time. I’m thinking it is much better if I can build/adjust certain workout by phone on my way home or in metro. It will save a lot of time

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone / iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. NEW ICON LOCAL WEATHER

O think it will be very useful for coach account to have in training peaks the local previous weather. It can help a lot a coach to take good decisions and save a lot of time instead of looking previous in other website. i think it will not be a problem because you can do it with Best bike split or my wind sock...
    Exemple in the planning add an icon previous weather sync with the city of the athletes in his settings.
    Best regards
    Emmanuel

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. weekly summary totals now hidden...please no!

Please bring back the weekly total calculations while we coaches are building our weekly training schedules in the hidden mode. Having these weekly totals out of view while we are building schedules certainly adds more computer time and this is not the goal. This just changed with the most recent update and I personally find it a huge disappointment.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Enable sync of self evaluation data from Garmin Connect

Garmin recently updated some of their Forerunner devices to enable users to enter Self Evaluation data during the save of the activity just completed. Two values are asked for: perceived effort (scale: 0-10) and how you felt (5 point scale from Very Weak to Very Stong).

These seem to map directly to what TrainingPeaks has had as an activity setting for years already.

Is there any plan in place to automatically set the values in TrainingPeaks during sync of activity data from Garmin Connect?

This sure would make life easier for TrainingPeaks users who are also Garmin device users (a…

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve the way women can record their menstrual cylce

I am not 100% sure how to improve it, but the way women are able to record their menstrual cycle at the moment is not great. To help with the way that it can become an open conversation between all coaches and athletes and feel as normal as recording weight etc.

39 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

10. bring the graph "Time Spent in HR zones" to mobile versions

it would be great to see the graph "time spent in HR zones" in the mobile apps.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Workout Builder 'blocks and repeats' option

It would be great to have an option to make a workout block using "a number of steps" and "a number of repeats". So essentially combine the two options available on the current workout builder.

So I could make a single effort consisting of 5 ramps of targets, and repeat it 3 times. At the moment, I would have to enter that as a ramp block, then having to duplicate it as many times as I need.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a chart which shows past FTP and change over time

Having a chart added to the library which shows what your FTP was at different points in time would be helpful in

a) tracking changes in FTP
    b) making sure it is set correctly during different periods, since it will have an impact on the PMC, TSS and other metrics.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Post Apple Watch Workouts to TrainingPeaks Immediately Upon Completion

Apple Watch workouts can take hours and sometimes days to upload to TrainingPeaks. Workouts should be available in TrainingPeaks as soon as they are visible in the Apple health app or within minutes.

I admit this sounds more like a support issue. I was told by support this cannot be fixed and I was asked to enter it as customer feedback instead. The ticket was 403227 and the representative was Margie McParland.

Thanks

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Whoop Recovery Score as Metric

I'm a TrainingPeaks/WKO5 coach and athlete user and have been using a WHOOP 3.0 strap for the past 6 months.

I love the opportunity to sync with TP and be able to graph the HRV, sleep times and so forth and compare with performance.

I often find though that the recovery score that covers both sleep, hrv and other factors is more in line with my performance that HRV as a stand alone metric. Therefor, I'd love to be able to graph the recovery score as metric.

It seems like a very basic thing to add and could perhaps take…

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. New Garmin RPE Rating automatic import

So with the new updates from Garmin for their 245,745, 945 (and Fenix?)

After finishing a prescribed workout - the watch are now asking for the precevied effort and how you felt - I understand these new values are stored / saved within the .fit file.

Could TP look at importing these new values and matching to the values stored on TP workouts?

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. A workout category is needed

Looking from a higher level an endurance athlete's every workout can be placed in one of the following five buckets:

• Low intensity (LIT)
    • Medium intensity (MIT)
    • High intensity (HIT)
    • Strength session
    • Speed session
    1. We need a way to apply right tag for each workout and
    2. see the overview in calendar view (preferably in colors)

This would help athletes to see what kind of sessions during the week are described and coaches to see if the week was executed right. This information is usually written in workout title. Also the coaches can open a single workout but getting a bigger picture…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. shading on the PMC Chart to show years

I have 10+ years of data stored in TrainingPeaks and use the web view. The date range for the PMC chart is set to show all data. We know that the TSS/d is displayed the Y axis and date on the X. TSS has helpful lines but t can sometimes be a challenge to see relative change year over year or compare to same time to years prior. My feature request is for shaded columns (annual -- Jan 1 to Dec 31); this would really help compare year to year. Suggested UI change attached.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting zones

The Zone setting functionality is fine but what I miss is history. Say we have a table that would record each time we reset our Threshold value ,whichever an athlete is using (Power,Heart...),basically a history of Threshold tests,possibly with weight as well. That would be neat.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. Manual file upload on iPad

I cannot manually upload a workout file using the iPad web browser or App. Considering the world is moving away from PCs it makes sense to give tablets and phones full functionality

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone / iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Running - Add Grade Adjusted Pace (Gap) to workout Graph

In the Running work graph, you can currently see, select RPM/ M / BPM / MIN/KM / C. It would be useful if Grade Adjusted Pace (Gap) was added to this graph.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base