TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Hungarian Translation

Hi, I'm Gergely "Dagadt Köcsög (DK)" Moós. I'm one of the most popular running bloggers and running coaches in Hungary. I have built a huge running community and we would like to help in translating Training Peaks to Hungarian, which would definitely grow its popularity (unfortunately, a lot of us don't speak English well). I've been working on introducing Training Peaks to my readers and written posts about its benefits already. In addition, I'm also managing a community training programme with Training Peaks for more than 200 participants successfully. Based on this highly positive result, I'm planning to launch further…

568 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      Future Opportunity  ·  JoshJosh responded

Great suggestion and we’ll certainly look to include Hungarian in a future release!

• Associate and disassociate completed activities with planned workouts

When an activity is completed and uploaded automatically, Training Peaks does a reasonable but imperfect job of lining these up with planned workouts. This does not always work correctly, especially with races, so it would be handy to have and option to associate activities with planned workouts. Conversely it would be useful to be able to separate planned workouts and completed activities so that they can be associated correctly. I think of this akin to reconciliation of receipts to your bank statement. I was thinking along the lines of select an activity and a planned session and then click a…

521 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        Future Opportunity  ·  40 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Add new workout types

It would be nice to be able to create a new activity type to track. As an XC ski coach, I'd like to be able to track XC Ski- Skate and XC ski-Classic as well as Rollerski- Skate and Rollerski-Classic. It would also be good to be able to track Yoga and other activities that an athlete does regularly that don't fit neatly into the current categories.

446 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          51 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a plan to add the ability to tag workouts so that we can support an unlimited set of workout types. It’s in the works, albeit a ways off.. but we’re getting there! Thanks for the suggestion.

• Current & Past Workout Comparison

Just throwing this one out their but one I would like to see is that often I do the same workout, i.e the same run or bike ride. I would love to see the ability where you can look at your performance graph from the current session and then overlay a past event, you can then analyse how differently you approached things and can quite obviously see where performance gains and losses are.

252 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Equipment- hide and organize

From user, paraphrased:
            I've got quite an arsenal of running shoes, and I would like to be able to re-order the list of shoes alphabetically or by brand.

It would also be nice to be able to hide retired shoes from the list. I don't want to delete the record, because that would also remove the history from my workouts.

201 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              12 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Automatic Elevation correction

When a new workout is uploaded having the a setting to automatically apply elevation correction which out having to do this work each workout manually as you can do know would be a great workflow help. For users with devices without barometric altimeters this step is currently needed to get useful elevation data.

134 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                Future Opportunity  ·  8 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Better color coding on calendar

Current color scheme:

Gray = Future workout
                Gray = Completed but not planned
                Green = Completed 80%-120% of planned
                Yellow = Completed 50%-79% or 121-150% of planned
                Red = Completed <50% or >150% of planned
                Red = Skipped

Suggested Changes:

1) Different colors for the two "gray workouts", i.e WHITE = completed by not planned and GRAY = future
                2) Different colors for the two "red workouts", i.e. ORANGE = greater/less than 50% and RED = Skipped.

Gray = Future workout
                White = Completed but not planned
                Green = Completed 80%-120% of planned
                Yellow = Completed 50%-79% or 121-150% of…

104 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  Future Opportunity  ·  7 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Threshold History (all - HR, Pace, FTP, for all sports) in The Web version of TrainingPeaks

It would be incredibly useful to track your history of thresholds for all sports for all types of thresholds (or at least pace and power - as HR doesn't seem to change too much). I know this is possible in WKO4, but am looking for this in the Web based app.

82 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Workout Library

The workout library is REALLY in need of an update. As a coach this is essentially the area I rely on the most and there are a number of things that make it more painful then it needs to be. A few suggestions:

- Re-enabling workout codes would allow ability to filter workout types
                    - Workout "tags" could allow better searching
                    - Reorganizing workouts is painful. Example: I create a library called Swim Form/Efficiency... and then tried to look for all workouts with the word form in it so I could drag them into the Library, which was hidden because…

81 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Great improvement suggestions! Thanks for taking the time to put this together and certainly enhancements we’d like to enable in the future.

• completed as planned

Add "Completed as planned" button to New Interface

66 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Consistent time representation on calendar

Would like to see a consistent representation of time rather than distance on the top line in calender for completed workouts. Currently future workouts show planned time as the first data field, but completed workouts show distance in the first data field.

When planning workouts it is confusing when looking at prior week's workouts as sometimes the calendar shows complete time and sometimes distance. This is especially true in compact mode as complete time is not visible.

It would make it much easier if completed time was the main metrics or at least user selectable.

53 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Improve Rowing data presentation

Rowing: Yes rowing is a sport in TrainingPeaks' arsenal, but not well catered for at present. Here are a few things that would make it better:
                          Pace in time per 500 metres rather than time per 100 metres and how about adding an extra significant figure there while you're at it. Yes, that 0.1 s is relevant to rowers (especially on ergos). Also the ability to select pieces and take a closer look is very important.

Ergos (Indoor Rowing, eg Concept 2) needs to be a separate activity type so that ergo data can be isolated from on water data…

48 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            Future Opportunity  ·  4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Option to Change ATP prospectively

It would be good to allow athletes/coaches to recalculate their Annual Training Plan prospectively (going forward), without changing what had been planned prior to the date of the change/recalculation.

My MTB race season had two races rescheduled and one cancelled due to weather. When I rescheduled the races and recalculated the ATP, it changed the target values for weeks prior to the change. Now it looks like I was slacking off during a build cycle when I was actually trying to taper for an A Priority Race that got cancelled.

46 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion. This is certainly something we’re looking to provide but it might take a bit of time before we can begin on this. Thanks for your patience!

• Offer a chart showing how my CTL is made up from different activity types

It would be great to be able to see on 1 chart what the make up of my current CTL is, either by individual activity type or by groups. Either as a staked line over time or as a Pie.

41 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • I'd like TrainingPeaks to add splits based on any distance I specify

I love that TP let's me create custom splits that I care about so I can separate my warmup from my main run from my cooldown. Sometimes, however, I also forget to have my TomTom calculate splits and insert those into the import file. I'd love the ability for TP to add 1 mile splits, or half mile splits, or whatever distance I specify, to my workout.

41 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Add possibility to select 24-hour time format, and YYYY-MM-DD date format.

These formats are widely used, and it doesn't seem as I can select these formats in the settings?

37 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Trend and rolling averages lines on charts that track a metric over a calendar time period

If I am looking at my miles per week , hours per week , longest run per week , or any metric over a selected calendar period , i.e. past month past year, past 60 days or whatever then I would like to be able to set in the options for the graph the ability to overlay a trend or rolling average line so that I can see whether my training time per week for example over the period , say a year went up or down and take out the week to wek variability that most of us have…

35 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • week summary - Choose what to show rather than only showing what was planned

I would like to be able to view summaries for things that have not been planned. i.e. during a transition week or month I want to look at my athletes total weekly running miles, OR perhaps maybe bike duration, even if I have NOT planned anything for running or biking that week. Would like the old Classic option to determine what I want to view in the weekly summary ( by sport breakout ) rather than only being able to see it (sport breakout) if there was something planned.

34 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Multiple Dashboards

This suggestion was raised a few years ago but did not receive enough support. I would really like to see this feature for the purposes of not having one enormous page full of the data i would like to use, and so would would like to put it forwards for consideration again and see if we can get some more support for it...

Thanks,

Ash

33 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          Future Opportunity  ·  4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Add tabs to the dashboard.

Any chance that u could add tabs to the Dashboard page? E.g., I want a tab w/ all charts, a tab w/ just bike, tab for running

33 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
                                          • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base