TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Auto-populate workouts using Excel

It would be great and really easy if there was a method to automatically upload an excel file and it auto-populate into the software for a client to view the workouts.

For example, if there was a template with a column for date, time, workout type etc. then a column for the workout itself. Then you populate the template and could just drag the file into TP and it auto-populates into the athletes calender.

This would make programming so easy and simple instead of having to do all the manual work of pressing all the different buttons, dragging workouts, editing,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Master and secondary workouts

My idea/proposal is to be able to create a 'Master' workout, then if you copy this workout and place it in your calendar say 10 times (secondary workouts) when you make a change/update to the master workout this is automatically pushed through to all the secondary workouts. Currently I believe you would need to edit each of the 10 workouts individually.
    A further development of this concept would be to have recurring workouts, with perhaps the possibility to increase volume/intensity by X% for each occurence to fit in with periodisation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Connect equipment to sport

It would be awesome if you could connect default equipment to a sport. If a default bike is a racebike and yoi go mountainbiking you always have to change the equipment in the workout file from racebike to mountainbike. If you can connect the mountainbike as the default bike for mountainbiking, you would not have to change it anymore. Same for shoes. You could connect specific trailrunning shoes as the default equipment for trailrunning.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Show races on PMC

Have a checkbox in the PMC on the dashboard that will display race days with a distinctive star or other icon, allowing a visual way to see how the metrics line up with planned races.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to choose directly zones in the workout builder

In the workout builder I can select different units to describe workout intensitiy, like "rating of perceived exertion", "threshold heart rate" etc.

However, the zones are most often also defined in percentage of the unit I select most often (for instance pace, maximum heart rate, threshold heart rate etc. ) and in most trainings I want to work in one or two defined zones.

So it would be nice, if the zones I defined could be selected as "units", so that I would be able to simply adjust workout intensitiy by entering the particular segment number of the zone I…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Spilt Calendar day in to Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Evening

It would be great to align the weeks training workouts into what part of the day I would like to train. To better organise around work etc

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add screenshot to a workout

Sometimes there's some info that it's interesting to add to your workout to share with youre trainer. In my case, I have a nimbers sheet with all the details about what I have eaten in my long sessions. I would love to add the file, or much better, an screenshot. Many thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. NGP as a new peak performance feature

i'd like to see the NGP development as a new peak performance feature. maybe with some added context like elevation gain/loss and/or intensity factor.

it would be easier to take the right NGP for the suggested finishing time prediction: https://peaksware.uservoice.com/forums/106657-trainingpeaks-customer-feedback/suggestions/43801755-using-ngp-for-finishing-time-prediction

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Using NGP for finishing time prediction

i would like to use NGP for predicting my finishing time on a curvy or uphill race. i would need to know the distance as well as elevation gain and loss.

in a PoC i calculated performance km's with the above input variables from an internet resource. then i took the effective NGP from that race and calculated the predicted finishing time (FT). to my surprise it is pretty accurate, despite all the limitations of inaccuracy in gps tracking, calculating performace km's and NGP. the sample size is small but see below:

FT: 146’ (calculated with NGP: 148’), variation +/-…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Running - Add Grade Adjusted Pace (Gap) to workout Graph

In the Running work graph, you can currently see, select RPM/ M / BPM / MIN/KM / C. It would be useful if Grade Adjusted Pace (Gap) was added to this graph.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adaptation Compact view

Where is the old compact view? At the moment it just changes the font size and in the older version information were reduced, but this does not matter if you code your workouts.
    Maybe you could offer Layout Options like these for Summary or QuickView as shown in the adapted screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow for multiple Intensity Zones in work out builder.

Allow mixed Intensity unit in work out builder.
    it appears you can only build a report using one unit.
    I often want to mix multiple units.
    Warm up in x heart rate zone (yes specific zone, not manual range), and then run specific pace intensity, then cool down in a heart rate zone.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Improve search interface - Values instead of sliders

The web search interface sliders are clumsy and difficult to be precise. Can we have value boxes next to the to allow us to precisely filter by values instead of blindly guessing and trying to get a slider close to a value?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. mynetdiary

Having used both apps side by side for weeks, I find MyNetDiary to be a cleaner faster UI than My Fitness Pal. I find the MND accuracy at least as good if not better than MFP. I find in fitness threads that MND has a userbase that is not being recognized, and many of these users want TP integration. I think overall almost every athlete at this point wishes for ONE platform that will capture any and all the metrics that athlete wants to measure and that all the athletes preferred vendors would just sync and share this information. I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. email to an athlète

Why there is not a tchat or the ability to email to an athlète in TP ?.
    I've often question to ask to the athlete before an activity. Every time, I must send an email outside of TP. I lose time and traceability.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. shading on the PMC Chart to show years

I have 10+ years of data stored in TrainingPeaks and use the web view. The date range for the PMC chart is set to show all data. We know that the TSS/d is displayed the Y axis and date on the X. TSS has helpful lines but t can sometimes be a challenge to see relative change year over year or compare to same time to years prior. My feature request is for shaded columns (annual -- Jan 1 to Dec 31); this would really help compare year to year. Suggested UI change attached.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. automatically move training blocks in Annual Training Plan (ATP)

I'd like to move training blocks without adjusting the ATP manually. e.g. when planning a vacation i'd like to insert a week (or more) of transition and automatically move the planned training blocks the according weeks back. or i might enter an event as a "trainig free period" and the ATP plans around that period.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Tag device used to record session

TrainingPeaks web app could read the device brand & model used to record the session (just like WKO5 does) add this info in the tags section or elsewhere. It would be helpful when dealing with duplicates or asking an athlete to change a specific setting on his device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Smart description, pre- and post-activity comments

The description, pre-, and post-activity comments fields could work with basic math functions and variables (eg. set FTP).

For example, I like to note "15+17+12=44 minutes of sweet spot intervals". The web app could do the math for me, just like Excel.

Another option is to check interval numbers against reference metrics like FTP or max HR. For example, I could write 30 min @ 300/FTP, and it would return the interval avg power/FTP ratio.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base