TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support to import Fitbit data such as the Fitbit scale metrics and sleep data

Many other sites support the Fitbit API to import data. As an added bonus, export workout summary data from TP to Fitbit site.

989 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    115 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently beta testing an auto-sync of workout and body composition data from Fitbit to TrainingPeaks. At this time we are not syncing sleep or step data. If you would like to test this new feature you can connect your accounts using the link below. After connecting your accounts, new workouts and body composition measurements will automatically sync from your Fitbit account to your TrainingPeaks account.
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/account/fitbit

Please send feedback on this feature to beta@trainingpeaks.com and let us know how it is going!

2. Add the newer running dynamics, swimming metrics, cycling dynamics, SmO2, etc.

The newer running dynamics metrics veritical oscilation and ground time (forerunner 620, fenix 2, etc...) and swimming metrics stroke counts, strokes per minute (forerunner 910XT, suunto Ambit 2) would be helpful since now many have to goto both Garmin Connect or mySuunto to get these metrics and then to trainingpeaks for everything else.

943 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  77 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add new workout types

It would be nice to be able to create a new activity type to track. As an XC ski coach, I'd like to be able to track XC Ski- Skate and XC ski-Classic as well as Rollerski- Skate and Rollerski-Classic. It would also be good to be able to track Yoga and other activities that an athlete does regularly that don't fit neatly into the current categories.

642 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  83 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hungarian Translation

Hi, I'm Gergely "Dagadt Köcsög (DK)" Moós. I'm one of the most popular running bloggers and running coaches in Hungary. I have built a huge running community and we would like to help in translating Training Peaks to Hungarian, which would definitely grow its popularity (unfortunately, a lot of us don't speak English well). I've been working on introducing Training Peaks to my readers and written posts about its benefits already. In addition, I'm also managing a community training programme with Training Peaks for more than 200 participants successfully. Based on this highly positive result, I'm planning to launch further…

578 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Future Opportunity  ·  Josh responded

Great suggestion and we’ll certainly look to include Hungarian in a future release!

5. Current & Past Workout Comparison

Just throwing this one out their but one I would like to see is that often I do the same workout, i.e the same run or bike ride. I would love to see the ability where you can look at your performance graph from the current session and then overlay a past event, you can then analyse how differently you approached things and can quite obviously see where performance gains and losses are.

425 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 422 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    37 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are currently have an auto-sync between the Garmin Index scale (via the Garmin Health API) and TrainingPeaks. Right now, the sync includes body composition metrics only. We will consider other metrics in the future. You can connect your accounts using the link below. After connecting your accounts, any new body composition (weight, etc) measurements taken with the Index scale will automatically sync from your Garmin account to your TrainingPeaks account.
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/account/garminhealth

7. View the Annual Training Plan (ATP) on mobile devices

It would be nice to be able to see the Annual Training Plan in the TP apps on phones and tablets

359 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  30 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatically Weather Data

Add weather station data... there are several existing weather stations, where you can get the weather information for a workout...

298 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. View events/races on Performance Management Chart

When you add a race on the calendar, it would be nice to be able to see a flag of that event on PMC.

295 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Ability to Combine Multiple Workouts with Drag-and-Drop

Please add the ability to drag-and-drop one workout onto another to combine them as one. You already have this functionality to add workouts to an event, why not workout to another workout?

I frequently stop a workout,m save and start a new one while training either do to a device not connecting to my Garmin or other reasons. I then end up with multiple workouts where some don't get picked up in my planned workout. Then I have to export the file and reimport into the workout with planned activity. It would be extremely helpful if I could just drag…

284 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  19 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Recurring calendar item on TrainingPeaks?

i.e. a Client for the next 2 months cannot train on Mondays, so you could have a recurring calendar item for a date range that says "day off"

280 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Personalize for any Sport how TSS is calculated

It would be great, if the user could set how TSS is calculated for any sport.
    For example, if I use HR I want the TSS of running always to be calculated by hrTSS not by rTSS.

275 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow third party workout files (ERG, MRC, Zwift, FIT, etc) to be imported

FEATURE REQUEST
    Ability to import a workout file from a third party, like Zwift, Garmin, TrainerRoad, PerfPro, CompuTrainer, or a generic ERG or MRC file, etc. Drag and drop or import the file into the TrainingPeaks calendar day.

BENEFITS
    There are thousands of workout files already out there developed by third parties, and so no reason to have to create more of them in TrainingPeaks, especially if those workouts in TrainingPeaks cannot control a smart trainer.

SUB-REQUEST
    Click on the imported workout and have it launch the third party application (if that app can be opened directly from a workout…

236 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  15 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Equipment- hide and organize

From user, paraphrased:
    I've got quite an arsenal of running shoes, and I would like to be able to re-order the list of shoes alphabetically or by brand.

It would also be nice to be able to hide retired shoes from the list. I don't want to delete the record, because that would also remove the history from my workouts.

221 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  12 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Threshold History (all - HR, Pace, FTP, for all sports) in The Web version of TrainingPeaks

It would be incredibly useful to track your history of thresholds for all sports for all types of thresholds (or at least pace and power - as HR doesn't seem to change too much). I know this is possible in WKO4, but am looking for this in the Web based app.

201 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 197 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automatic Elevation correction

When a new workout is uploaded having the a setting to automatically apply elevation correction which out having to do this work each workout manually as you can do know would be a great workflow help. For users with devices without barometric altimeters this step is currently needed to get useful elevation data.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Segments

It would be great to be able to create "segments" (some other sites already have them). This would enable one to monitor how one is doing over certain segments over time i.e. "that bugger of a climb at the end of your route", or whatever. It would also allow them to become competitive between friends and others.

In addition it would be great to have another two or so levels of magnification on the maps so one can set the routes and segments more accurately.

163 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Personal best (Pb) chart and or record page!

Hi, I have been using trainingpeaks for a while now and thought it would be nice to have somewhere to store PB's for common race distances. E.g 5k, 10k, half marathon and marathon for the run and 10, 25, 50 and 100mile TT for the bike. Could either be done as a chart or just on the profile page. It would be nice just to have somewhere to have a permanent record to check.

158 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Workout Library

The workout library is REALLY in need of an update. As a coach this is essentially the area I rely on the most and there are a number of things that make it more painful then it needs to be. A few suggestions:

- Re-enabling workout codes would allow ability to filter workout types
    - Workout "tags" could allow better searching
    - Reorganizing workouts is painful. Example: I create a library called Swim Form/Efficiency... and then tried to look for all workouts with the word form in it so I could drag them into the Library, which was hidden because…

156 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Future Opportunity  ·  Josh responded

Great improvement suggestions! Thanks for taking the time to put this together and certainly enhancements we’d like to enable in the future.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base