TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Analyzing Data from Specific/Selected Intervals

This one seems like a miss...

I checked in with support on this and this functionality does not seem to exist.

Yesterday I did 2 sets of 5 sprints at 30 seconds. In the "laps" selection column I checked off the ten 30 second sprints so I could see my data in sum for just the sprints. I did not want my recovery intervals counted as I was only looking to analyze work.

I'm not sure why else I'd be able to pick from selected laps if it weren't to be able to analyze specific data from a selection.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add screenshot to a workout

Sometimes there's some info that it's interesting to add to your workout to share with youre trainer. In my case, I have a nimbers sheet with all the details about what I have eaten in my long sessions. I would love to add the file, or much better, an screenshot. Many thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide additional gender options on TrainingPeaks profile

Current options for gender are limited to male and female -- it'd be great to have the list expanded to be fully inclusive:

• male
    • female
    • transgender
    • non-binary
    • prefer not to answer

A small change that would be very meaningful to many!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an 'Indoor Bike' Workout Option

When selecting a workout type, it would be great to have an 'indoor bike' option. To use clearly as an indication to athletes to complete the session on an indoor trainer, rather than out on the road.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

5. Using NGP for finishing time prediction

i would like to use NGP for predicting my finishing time on a curvy or uphill race. i would need to know the distance as well as elevation gain and loss.

in a PoC i calculated performance km's with the above input variables from an internet resource. then i took the effective NGP from that race and calculated the predicted finishing time (FT). to my surprise it is pretty accurate, despite all the limitations of inaccuracy in gps tracking, calculating performace km's and NGP. the sample size is small but see below:

FT: 146’ (calculated with NGP: 148’), variation +/-…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. organise training plans into folders and search them

I have several traning plans in he training plan library (below workout library.

It would be great to be able to strukture those plans into folders.
    MAybe also filter the plans like filtering the workouts. Filter should be the same like in "search training plan"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. search plan for strucutred workouts wiht HR & cadence

pls. extend the earch for plans by the following fields:
    - strucutred workouts refere to HR (not FP)
    - - HR golal
    - - HR range
    - strucutured workouts/bike include cadence
    - - cadence goal
    - - cadence range

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. swimrun

Can you add Swimrun to event types? I know speed skating is huge, but so is swimrun. A lot of swimrunners I know use Training Peaks and would love to have this as an event type. ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N2G78KyOjE

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to colour code Metrics

It would be great to colour code the Metrics card. As a Whoop user it would be good if I could use the same Red, Amber and Green that's already in the app to highlight that card based on my Recovery Score. If you could automate it, that would be even better.

Thanks,

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add Hiking as a category / icon

How come there is no hiking icons or any other support features. When I synch with other apps that do supporting hiking (Gamin / Strava) it is confusing. Not a big deal but it seems like it would not be a big deal to support it either. Especially for those who might be cross training for a major trek or climb.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

11. Make Coggan iLevels settings available in Zone settings

The "regular" Coggan calculations are already there and since I saw some MyProCoach options just added I figured this one might be easy. Doing a lot of Fascat SweetSpot riding and it would be nice to see that zone distribution in TP now too.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Billing features separately

I'm on the premium trial and I'm pretty impressed at the PMC chart. I'd like to check back on it from time to time but the 15 day trial is a tad short to get much from it, since the changes are fairly long term.

I wouldn't get enough from premium since I'm already using other tools to do some of the things that TP does and at the moment it's out of my budget.

Would it be possible to have a billing system that charges for features separately? e.g. I want to look at a PMC graph once or…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The ability to set sport type specific units would be great for Triathletes

Currently, setting units to imperial or metric is an account level setting. As a triathlete, I track run/bike in miles but swim in meters. Having the ability to set sport-specific units would be a big help. Margie McParland suggested I post this on the customer feedback forum. So there's my suggestion. Keep setting the standard for online training management and I look forward to future updates.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14. Edit planed training/workout in mobile app

When I have to make some modification on my training/workout and I have no access to my computer. Mean I have no chance to do these.
    This could be realy annoying when you are outside for training and you realy have to do some modification on current/planed training.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Laps with more than 3 steps/values

Possibility to configure laps with more than 3 steps, because Garmin accept trainings with max 50 positions.
    At the moment are not possible create more complex and longer trainings with TraingPeaks

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add also French & English in application please

English is available on pc but not in the app and French is also not available

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Workoutbuilder: please add functionality for "multiple-step-repeats"

In addition to a warm-up and cool-down, interval training usually consists of successive, repetitive performance blocks, which in turn consist of "ramp-up" and "recovery" phases. - Currently TrainingPeaks only allows "sub-blocks" of 2 or 3 step repeats in its "Workout Builder". This is insufficient.Real training life requires more flexibility! Please create a new (or replace) the current blocks with a freely configurable block (up to at least 10 repetitions).A manual workaround is possible, but not status-compliant.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Adaptation Compact view

Where is the old compact view? At the moment it just changes the font size and in the older version information were reduced, but this does not matter if you code your workouts.
    Maybe you could offer Layout Options like these for Summary or QuickView as shown in the adapted screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show Normalized Pace and NGP also when using a power meter

In workouts where I've use Stryd to monitor running power, Normalized Pace and NGP are replaced with Normalized Power. I'd like to see all of them.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Year to year total training hours comparison chart

Would like to have a chart to see how many total training hours I have put in each year and see the hopefully positive year-on-year trend.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base