TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

Please note: On July 1, 2015 we will be retiring our Classic web-app. There are still a few features that we are in the process of moving over to the new app, most of which have a status of Planned in this forum.

For a complete list of what is in, what is out, and what is on it way please take a look at our blog post on the Retirement of Classic:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/new-features-and-the-retirement-of-classic

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

How can we improve TrainingPeaks?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Coaches Client Summary Dashboard

Propose a rethinking of post workout notifications for coaches with larger athlete pools. Post workout notification emails work great for up to 5 or 6 athletes, but 10 or more and the volume of email becomes a bit much. Suggest shifting to a coaches only dashboard view where you can view all of your athletes and maybe the current week in one table view along with basic summary info and red, green yellow on completion. When you click on a particular day you would get that day’s workout or workouts in one click from the same view and could review…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Please expand Events chart so that splits are visible

Please let us see split data from prior race reports converted from basic or new events added to the events chart on Dashboard. Right now we can only see Event Name, Date, Event Type, total time, total distance and placing. The thing I most want to see in comparing races over the years is my split times and paces to see if I have improved. It seems like formatting the chart columns better, or adding a slide bar to to the bottome to allow viewing more fields would solve the problem.

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Quick question/suggestion. Wouldn't it be great if you could search the marathon plans (or any plans) by goal time? I'm looking for a 3h30m

Wouldn't it be great if you could search the marathon plans (or any plans) by goal time? I'm looking for a 3h30m marathon plan but have to slog through hundreds to find any. Nobody wants to sort plans by title. You could provide some additional sort/search options that would actually be helpful.

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • 3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Color coding workouts using completed TSS instead of completed time

Please add a possibility / option to change the calculation of the color code so the TSS is used as main parameter instead of the completed time.

10 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Ability to track avg. Pace per HR Zone over a set amount of time (Dashboard graph)

As an athlete I want to navigate to the dashboard and see a graph with my average pace per HR Zone to be able to track my pace progress within individual zones.

3 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Add the ability for athletes to create their own groups (friend groups)

It would be nice if functionality could be provided whereby athletes could create a group and add/remove their friends from it. Then create a custom dashboard for the groups so you can see comparison charts and data from riders within the group. This would add a much needed social aspect to the application other than the only existing coach-athlete relationship.

4 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • More detailed swim lap information display, storage, and editing

Please include detailed swim information (and integrate with Garmin devices) similar to the old Finis Swimsense web site. It would be helpful to see actual laps swum with swim times, break times, color coded strokes, and SWOLF and stroke counts for each lap.

Also, make a way to edit the lap-level data to add notes and/or kick sets that aren't picked up by swim sensors (or, when using an endless pool)

13 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Segregate statistics by equipment and/or drills

I'm an avid swimmer. I occasionally do drills and/or train with equipment such as paddles, pull buoys, flippers, chutes, and kickboards. This equipment has a dramatic influence on pace - I can swimm 0:20 or 0:30 faster with fippers and fins, whereas the chute slows me significantly. And, when kicking, no pace data is recorded.

It would be helpful to separate "real" swims vs. "drill" swims, and keep separate statistics for each. This will help at the summary level, to keep track of how much time is spent in drills vs. regular swimming, and it will keep the sTSS more…

8 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Let the user choose which TSS score to use, and store and display all of them

When using a heart rate monitor, a workout will have at least two TSS scores - an hrTSS, and a sport-specific TSS such as sTSS or rTSS.

Please display both of these on the workout, and permit the user to decide which TSS score to use for statistics and reporting. Sometimes, sTSS is way off due to the use of paddles, flippers, kickboards, etc.

And, threshold paces change over time and it's not always feasible to do an all-out 60 minute workout every week to keep it calibrated.

This feature will help users determine when their sport-specific TSS is deviating…

7 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Add smoothing to the scatter plot

The scatter plot feature COULD be a lot more useful than it is, if you could compare trailing averages of metrics rather than the instantaneous values.

For example, let's say I want to chart power and/or cadence vs. heart rate. Unfortunately, power can fluctuate rapidly during a ride, and heart rate does not respond instantaneously to changes in power - it ramps up or down over time.

The idea would be to compare "trailing averages" for scatter plot data. i.e. plot 60 second trailing average power vs. heart rate. The length of the trailing average should be configurable on a…

3 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Add W3, W10, W30 to charts

Plotting instantaneous wattage can be a bit messy and difficult to look at, typically I use a 3 or 10 second moving average to hone in on what I'm doing. It would be ideal to be able to then select a 3, 10, or 30 second rolling average in the charts to compare to say HR.

There is a smoothing feature on the chart but how much it's smoothing changes based on the number of data points present. That means you don't really know how much you're smoothing it by on any given ride. It also applies smoothing to things…

4 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • More Output in Post Workout Notifications

I would really like to see more options for what data is included in the post workout notifications. I would really like to see avg power, max power, and things of that nature.

I'm not sure if other coaches are the same way, but I heavily rely on these notifications. I look at the metrics there if things look ok, I may not dive into looking at the workout. However, if there is something that seems off to me, I will take a deeper look. So being able to get more info in those notifications would be extremely helpful.

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • week summary - Choose what to show rather than only showing what was planned

I would like to be able to view summaries for things that have not been planned. i.e. during a transition week or month I want to look at my athletes total weekly running miles, OR perhaps maybe bike duration, even if I have NOT planned anything for running or biking that week. Would like the old Classic option to determine what I want to view in the weekly summary ( by sport breakout ) rather than only being able to see it (sport breakout) if there was something planned.

25 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • 4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Account Expiration Notification

I recently needed to renew my pro account but didn't know that until the day if expired and I had extremely reduced functionality. A simple reminded 2 weeks out upon login (or opening of the app since all my devices stay logged in all the time) would be helpful. And a couple email reminders, perhaps at 2 weeks until expiration and 2 days before expiration.

2 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Athlete plan

Hi,
                                      I have been using TrainingPeaks since it was first released in the late 90's.
                                      I have recently attended the TPU in Brisbane Australia and I have signed up for the online Endurance Summit.
                                      I have to admit I feel that the management of training plans is not quite there yet. There is no simple way to see what plan an athlete is currently on. It takes me 30min to work through every plan I have and go through the manage plan steps.
                                      In my case i have 80 training plans setup with 50 athletes.
                                      Can you please make it…

13 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Consistent time representation on calendar

Would like to see a consistent representation of time rather than distance on the top line in calender for completed workouts. Currently future workouts show planned time as the first data field, but completed workouts show distance in the first data field.

When planning workouts it is confusing when looking at prior week's workouts as sometimes the calendar shows complete time and sometimes distance. This is especially true in compact mode as complete time is not visible.

It would make it much easier if completed time was the main metrics or at least user selectable.

18 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Improve Rowing data presentation

Rowing: Yes rowing is a sport in TrainingPeaks' arsenal, but not well catered for at present. Here are a few things that would make it better:
                                          Pace in time per 500 metres rather than time per 100 metres and how about adding an extra significant figure there while you're at it. Yes, that 0.1 s is relevant to rowers (especially on ergos). Also the ability to select pieces and take a closer look is very important.

Ergos (Indoor Rowing, eg Concept 2) needs to be a separate activity type so that ergo data can be isolated from on water data…

17 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
                                          • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Feedback and Knowledge Base