Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

129 results found

1. Please let athletes assign different colours to active training plans that they have purchased.

I have purchased, and have on my calendar, both road and MTB cycling plans. I use/complete some of each, however, can’t at a glance tell which is which. It would be great to be able to assign a colour to the plan and then see, in my calendar, which plan is for which program.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new note feature is good but would be better if the coach and / or athlete received a notification if either added or updated a NOTE - basically the same functionality as workouts, other etc

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. This has been added to that project’s feedback.

Considered opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

3. Hi there
    I have the TrainingPeaks Daily Workout IQ App and use it 4 times a week on my structured plan.
    I am enjoying the workouts and am benefitting from them
    I would like to suggest a couple of tweeks to the app though.

1 Could it be made to have cadence on the page as a lot of the workouts have a cadence target also.
    2 Could the app be made a 2 page item with the second page being the workout summary as sometimes it is useful to have a reminder of what the upcoming segments are
    3…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you are performing the workout you are no longer in the TrainingPeaks CIQ app, instead you are back in Garmin’s workout interface. We are not able to directly make any modifications to Garmin’s workout interface, but we can send your feedback to the the team at Garmin. We have already sent them a request that at least one of the data fields on the workout screen be customizable. This would allow you to add cadence to that screen. Until then, you can still access all the other data screens on your Garmin device, just page left/right or up/down as usual. Even when not on the workout screen, you will still get in/out of range alerts and notifications when starting the next step along with what the new target is. You can also create a custom page with cadence and most of the workout fields. When adding data fields to…

4. Could you please implement to read data about weight, fat, water body composition, BMR, from Tanita devices (MyTanita app), or, at least, from AppleHealth?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are multiple options for syncing Apple Health data to TrainingPeaks. This blog article lists some of the more popular apps.
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/how-to-use-trainingpeaks-with-your-apple-watch/

The HealthFIt app is probably the most robust of the syncing apps, as it supports these 13 wellness metrics:
    - HRV
    - RHR
    - Steps
    - Sleeps (hours and numberTimeWoken)
    - body weight
    - body fat
    - bmi
    - spo2
    - blood pressure
    - water consumption
    - Insulin delivery
    - blood glucose
    - menstruation

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/healthfit/id1202650514?mt=8

5. Extend your iOS support to include Apple Watch. I frequently used TP plans in the past and used the Garmin software to send the TCX files to my watch until Garmin phased that out and make it an unworkable solution. Now they've left the door open for TP to make an Apple Watch app where your daily workout could be done right there on your Apple Watch including all of your pacing data, intervals, and the like and sync the workout to TP natively without any extra hoops. With Apple Watch being the #1 watch on the market (not just…

221 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    38 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now we do not plan to write our own workout app for the Apple Watch. There are multiple apps already available for this that are compatible with TrainingPeaks. There are also multiple apps that will read data from HealthKit and write it to TrainingPeaks. We are working with a few developers to support our structured workouts as well.

These are a few apps that read data from HeathKit and write it to TrainingPeaks that we recommend.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/healthfit/id1202650514
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/workout-exporter/id1262831404?mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rungap-workout-data-manager/id534460198?mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitnesssyncer/id1159207899?mt=8

These are a few apps for recording workouts for Apple Watch, that are better than Apple’s workout app, that we recommend.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ismoothrun-pro/id410965399?ls=1&mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rungap-workout-data-manager/id534460198?mt=8
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wahoo-runfit/id999357779?mt=8

6. Based on the concept of thrust to weight ratio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrust-to-weight_ratio), it would be nice to have a graph that tracks:

FTP in seconds (power) / weight

I currently have to do this calculation myself and hide it in the 'waist' metric to display it as a graph.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. TrainingPeaks should auto title non-planned workouts based on location similar to Garmin connect. Currently completed workouts are titled with "Untitled". This fills up my calendar and makes it hard to single out workouts. Instead each completed workout without a title should automatically be titled based on the workout's location data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The new ConnectIQ app (released today) does not support the 920XT/Fenix3 and most other devices of that generation.

Given that the 935 and the Fenix5 devices have only been released in the very recent past...that means that your "new" app supports only a very small percentage of the real Garmin / TP user community. I understand the desire/need to announce support for the 935 on launch day....

...but, NOT providing support for the actual current userbase at the same time is VERY LAME.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app uses a few new features of the Connect IQ 2.2 SDK, which allows content to be downloaded, stored, and executed on the device. Unfortunately, the 920XT and Fenix 3 are both CIQ 1.x devices, so our app will not run on those devices.

Currently the supported devices are:
    Edge 1000, 820, & 520
    FR935
    FR735XT – pending a firmware update
    Fenix 5 – all variants
    Fenix Chronos – pending a firmware update

If you have a Fenix 3 or 920XT you can still get workouts from TrainingPeaks on to your device. I agree that it is a lot of steps, but you could do this in batch once or twice a week to save some time.
    https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001076908-Structured-Workout-Export-for-Garmin-Devices

9. Using free-ride segments in Zwift is often used for short max efforts. Now its not possible to export certain blocks as a free-ride segment i.s.o. a steady-state segment. This means you still need to edit the workout in Zwift.

A solution would be that a block set to 0 watt would be exported to a free-ride segment for a Zwift workout.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

RPE based workouts can now be exported to Zwift. These workouts use Free Ride blocks along with text messages to communicate the target RPE. During a free ride block the trainer will be in ERG mode and respond to changes in the simulator. This is a good option for building FTP test workouts since the trainer will not be locked in to a specific power target.

10. it could nice to have the possibility to choose for some laps which kind of tss is calculated. for example, for long, steep and technical mountain bike downhill, the tss from power is very low because it's not possible to pedal a lot, but the heart is more than >160bpm (i rode some maxiavalanche, 20' of downhill marathon, 122w avg and 171bpm avg, 122w for me is 32% of ftp an 171bpm is near threshold)
    The same for steep Uphill or downhill during trail running

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be fantastic to be able to sync data from the Lifetrack Zoom HRV tracker.

Here is the link to make it happen. https://lifetrakusa.com/affiliates/developers/

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. For a coach working in the program will become more comfortable and convenient, if you have the ability to create blocks of exercises for the athlete, for example, the athlete has morning training and evening training, morning running and stretching, night Jogging, stretching and strength. And it would be great to have a clear division into blocks in the calendar for morning exercises and evening exercises. And the ability to create these blocks by different criteria and to assign them names in a free form.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In workout builder it would be nice to use speedzones, as an other way to build your workout. Right now it is only % of threshold speed that are possible to use. You have a lot of possibilities to find Your speedzones, but no way of using them in your workout. As for right now you can only use speedzones to analyse your training, and not to plan it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I have a suggestion (I'm sure I'm not the first) on your training calendar. When a task is completed as specified the box on the calendar is green. When not completed or partially completed I see a yellow box for bad boy or a red box for a very bad boy. What I don't understand is when I'm a good boy and do some extra work I still get bad boy or very bad boy colors. Have you considered changing the colors on the good boy side of things so when I look at my total calendar I know when…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Considered  ·  Josh responded

We are investigating using different colors for over vs. under however the colors are often used by both athletes and coaches to determine how accurately they’ve followed a prescribed training regime and thus knowing when you’ve overtrained is often just as important as when you’ve undertrained.

15. Love the new Workout builder, but would like to measure by zones. Easier to select zone than to reenter the %HR since I've already the appropriate ranges for each zone in setup.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great suggestion. We’ve struggled with this as the workout may be created based on a zone methodology different from an athlete’s or multiple athletes’ zones. Thus Zone 2 per the workout may not map correctly to different users depending on each users’ specific zone settings. We will continue to look into this as we agree planning and execution of workouts is often based on zones – we’re just wanting to ensure if we do enable this, it’s usable for athletes with differing zone settings/methodologies. Thanks for your feedback!

16. I love the new workout builder. It would be a bit easier to type in interval information in a window form in addition to dragging to increase/decrease duration or intensity. Dragging is not that precise and is a bit cumbersome for my liking.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You should be able to enter this information directly into the “Workout Details Editor” section in the lower right once you’ve created the basic structure by dragging/clicking the blocks on your workout. Please let me know if for some reason this isn’t working for you. Thanks!

17. I recently uploaded a 2 + year old running file from when I was running much faster than I currently am. My running threshold was auto reset based on this old data, completely disregarding every run I've done since then. Thankfully I saw the email from TP and adjusted it back, but it was quite annoying. I think threshold should only be auto updated based on current data, or there could be a toggle button to turn it on/off for a particular file on manual upload. But this makes me wonder what happens when lots of old data is synced…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We will notify you and/or auto apply an new threshold from a newly uploaded workout. Unfortunately, the threshold change is determined by comparing files in your workout history, not only recently completed workouts. However, in your settings > zones > notifications you are able to select if you would like to be notified of a threshold change and if you’d like to auto apply the threshold change. So by unchecking the auto apply box, you can ensure your thresholds will not be changed when you upload new workouts. Hope this helps.

18. Have title of workout field have the ability to remember workout names. I have certain workouts that I repeat on a regular basis. It would be nice to be able to populate a dropdown with these names so I don't have to type them in.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For workouts which you repeat on a regular basis, you can save the workout to your workout library and simply drag and drop the saved workout to your calendar. Hope this helps.

19. New updated are great. Can you change your email subject line back to what it was. I have set up rules in outlook to move athlete notification emails to specific folders. With the current subject line, Athlete Name, Date, "workout has been updated..." I cant set up outlook to move the email messages. The old subject line, Athlete name, "workout scheduled on", date, has been updated works perfectly.

Thanks for your consideration. James Schaefer

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your feedback. We will certainly consider your request when we revisit some of our email templates.

20. Would be great to be able to have units as say statute for bike& run but metric for swim as we have 25mtr pools in uk?
    Most uk athletes I know run & bike in miles but swim in Mtrs.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this point, you can change your specific swim units within your workout separate from your overall unit settings. Unfortunately, swimming is the only category we’ve enabled separate units for at this time. Thanks for your feedback.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7
  • Don't see your idea?