Link WKO cranklength to the crank length from the equipment linked to an activity
I've recently came to the conclusion that certain WKO data & charts do not take a custom crank length into account.
It would be good if the crank length (accessible using the
cranklength expression variable) could be sent along with the activity data from TP to WKO, and used for data & charts of that activity in WKO.
I think this can be solved in a rather generic & future proof way.
- Add an 'equipment' property to an activity when sending data from TP to WKO.
- This property can include things like the bike used for the activity, and of course the crank length set for that bike.
- WKO can resolve the value of the
cranklength expression variable from the equipment object linked to that (riding) activity. A default value of 172.5 can still be used as a fallback.
- Other equipment data could also be unlocked in the future (e.g. wheel size, gearing options,..., assuming this information would be added to a bike in TP)
- As a stretch goal, the expression in WKO could be in the form of
equipment.bike.cranklength, this would allow further extensibility in the future.