Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

19 results found

1. Not a new idea. Just looking to keep up on the status since TP did a press release in mid-2023 saying they were doing this.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The Garmin Edge 1040 Series supports showing primary and secondary targets on the workout screen. (https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=EMMh03mfYU59Zt0ldOw0U6, https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-1040-series/296864/tip-3---workouts-now-support-a-secondary-target).

Several of my recent workouts have both power and cadence targets. However, the 1040 is only displaying the power target.

As an experiment, I downloaded a workout in FIT format. I examined the FIT file using this tool: https://www.fitfileviewer.com/ . I noticed that TP is using the custom target fields of the workout step message to indicate the power range.

I then created a workout in Garmin Connect Web that had both a primary and secondary target. Garmin is placing…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have use the new feature for swim workouts to be exported to Garmin devices. Great news!! But there is still an issue in the Garmin devices as the pace is displayed in min per Km instead of the usual min per 100m. Is this something taht can be fixed?

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Apple watch integration needs to be improved. Syncing workouts to Traningpeaks does not work proper. With the latest Apple watch ultra announcement workout sharing from Trainingpeaks to Apple watch is needed more than ever. Not possible at the moment. Ideally there is a watch app to do this whole syncing. Similar to the Stryd app which works flawless.

106 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It’s great that Garmin sleep data and body battery now sync along with weight, body fat and muscle mass but it’s still missing part of the story. Please can we have a sync from Garmin for resting heart rate data and HRV data as well please, much more useful for my coach to be able to see everything

154 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently, I build my run and bike workouts in TP but I have to build my swim and strength workouts in Garmin Connect because the swim workouts that I build in TP will not sync to my garmin watch. This is very frustrating. This is probably the biggest reason I have not bought a triathlon training plan.

239 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I noticed today that the app will only download the workout when it is connected to the device, it does not really save the workout on the device. I mean this. I opened the app and downloaded the workout, the app then asked me if I wished to do the workout now. I did not so I closed the TP app thinking it was saved on the watch and I could come back to it later. When I reopened the app, the workout was gone. I had to redownload it and then keep the app open until I got to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The workouts are saved by default to the device and can be accessed later on without using the TrainingPeaks IQ app.

The workouts can be accessed through Garmin’s interface. Make sure that you know the name of the workout you are looking for. This is from Garmin’s help site:
    1. From the watch face, select START.
    2. Select an activity type
    3. Hold the “9 o’clock” button to enter settings
    4. Select Training > My Workouts.‍
    5. Select a workout. Look for it by name.
    6. Select Do Workout.
    7. Select START to start the timer.

Here is Garmin’s help page for going this on a 935, it is the same on all their watches
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner935/EN-US/GUID-3AA7B50B-EBE5-4A29-A15A-316849BA9BDB.html

And for an Edge 820, again it is the same for all Edge devices
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge820/EN-US/GUID-5CA69960-1471-47A1-867E-820FD0B240C8.html

If you use the app enough, then eventually you will need to manually delete the older workouts. You…

8. My coach uses TP to build my structured workouts. The planned workouts, however, cannot be exported to Garmin Connect. I made an email do TP and receive the following answer:

"Thanks for the email. You can't export planned workouts from TrainingPeaks into Garmin Connect. If this is something that you'd like to see on TrainingPeaks I recommend that you add this request to our uservoice forum so our product manager can see it and it will give visibility to other users to vote on."

I export my files do Zwift and make the workout on my smart trainer. I cannot,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Structured workouts planned in TrainingPeaks can be transferred to compatible Garmin devices using our Daily Workout app, which is available in Garmin’s Connect IQ app store. https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005055028-TrainingPeaks-Daily-Workout-Garmin-Connect-IQ-app

The workouts can also be manually copied to the device. https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001076908-Structured-Workout-Export-for-Garmin-Devices

9. Hi. I have been using the structured training created by Workout builder in my Garmin watch, but my Coach creates all running interval training based on RPE (mainly the shorttest ones, 20 seconds for example).
    I know that Garmin doesn't support RPE as a Intensity Target but would be so helpfull if was possible to export the .fit from an RPE training as a workout without Intensity Target to send to Garmin because we could control the Interval times automatically.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. need to see if you can help me deactivate ERG mode - I use an Edge 520 and TP IQ to download my workouts (power based from my coach).
    For some of these the power output is a guideline - and cadence is more important. But due to the 'smart' trainer the resistance goes all over the place.
    Outside of TP workouts I can turn off ERG on the Garmin 520, but all turbos are driven by TP workouts.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Once you are performing the workout you are back in Garmin’s workout interface, so all the same workout settings are available.The Edge 520 uses the ANT+ FE-C protocol to control smart trainers. You should be able to unpair that sensor to prevent the 520 from controlling the resistance of the trainer. you will need to reference the User Guide for 520 for specifics.

11. With the release of Garmin labs running power CIQ app for the Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 is would be useful to display this in Training Peaks. I believe that this data is store in a custom developer field so we need a way to read this data in.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are still not seeing run power data in TrainingPeaks, then make sure to update the Garmin Run Power data field(s) on your watch. You want to be on version v1.10 or greater. Updating the data fields is done using either Garmin Express on your PC/Mac, or on your mobile device using the Garmin Connect app.

Garmin’s release notes mention “Support for display of power on 3rd party websites”. That is the fix for showing run power in TrainingPeaks, and other sites. https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a26e5358-7526-4582-af7e-8606884d96bc

The update only applies to new activities, so update the data fields before your next run!

If you bike and run we power, remember to setup run specific power thresholds and zones. Most power related dashboard charts can be filtered by sport type so bike and run data can be split in to their own charts, which we recommend doing.

12. I love the TrainingPeaks IQ Apps on Garmin Units. But only Plans made by the builder can be used. I bought a plan and have to rebuild it with the builder. So please give us a hint/symbol which plans work with the app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turn off the feature on TP that sets a +-10% of target zone working watts/pace.
    For example, your coach sets a 10´ warm on zone 50-150W, when you transfer and sync the workout, vit download .fit file or via IQ app to and Edge device, that 10´ interval of warm up is set 65-165W.
    Thats not good, because you may be in another working zone (for example Z1 to Z2).
    So we are having an issue overlapping watts working zones.
    Solution please!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

March 14, 2018
    The workout builder has been updated with three new features:

1. Workout steps can be set to have an open duration. For most devices pressing the lap button will take you to the next step of the workout. This is currently available for Garmin devices. We expect other device manufacturers to implement this feature shortly. A suggested duration is still required for these steps so the planned duration and TSS for the workout can be calculated. This value will also be used for devices and file formats that do not support this feature.

2. Target values for the step (power, pace, heart-rate) can now be set to a custom range. This range will be used for Garmin devices. Most indoor cycling platforms require a single value for ERG mode, and the midpoint of the range will be used in that instance.

3. Cadence can now be set…

14. The new Connect IQ app --
    Let us create our own views.
    only 1 view currently
    screen is missing power and cadence

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The workout is performed using Garmin’s built-in workout mode. Each device is a little different in what is displayed and what can be configured. Garmin’s help center is probably the best source of information for what settings are available for each device.

15. Once a coach has planned your workouts, have device agent upload that/those workouts onto your training device. IE: Garmin has workout function so you can follow your workout on you ride!

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Josh responded

Check out our structured workout export!

16. It would be great if there was a "comments" box in the metrics section. Right now I'm adding comments to the workout, but it doesn't always apply to a "post-workout comment" and would be beneficial and make sense to add these kind of notes where sleep, etc., is noted.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A few of my clients use a TomTom device and I would love for them to be able to directly sync with TrainingPeaks from TomTom Mysport.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please enable Suunto Support for Data Import as one gets currently from MovesCount to Strava and Sportlyzer.

22 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Since all my body metrics are on my workout watch, it would be nice to download the data just like a workout.

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?