Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Share Your Insights and Shape the Future of TrainingPeaks

At TrainingPeaks, we're committed to continually enhancing our platform to better serve your needs. Your feedback is essential in helping us achieve this goal. To submit your feedback:

• Search for Your Idea: Before adding a new suggestion, take a moment to search for similar ideas. If you find one that matches, you can add your vote and contribute to the discussion with your comments.

• Add Your New Idea: Have a unique suggestion? We'd love to hear it! Create a new entry with a clear title and a detailed description.

• Rate an Idea's Importance: How important is this feature to you? Let us know by rating its importance helping drive our ever evolving roadmap.

Our product teams regularly review UserVoice contributions during our ongoing prioritization and product discovery process, so this is the best place to suggest the changes you want to see. 

Need Assistance or Want to Report a bug?

If you require assistance with TrainingPeaks or wish to report a problem, our Support Team is here to help. Please reach out to us at TrainingPeaks Support.

Stay Informed About Our Latest Features

To keep up to date with our newest feature releases and updates, visit our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates page.

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

268 results found

1. along with weekly duration it would be nice to have planned TSS in the ATP

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Josh responded

Check out our new TSS based ATP. You can now plan your season with TSS and your ATP planned TSS will be displayed by week on your calendar.

2. It would be great if there was a "comments" box in the metrics section. Right now I'm adding comments to the workout, but it doesn't always apply to a "post-workout comment" and would be beneficial and make sense to add these kind of notes where sleep, etc., is noted.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Please provide a printing option on the new platform. As of now I have not been able to print anything and need to go back to the "classic" version to print my weekly workouts.

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    35 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

On July 29, 2015 we released numerous improvements when printing the calendar. You should notice that the formating looks a lot better. Plus, only the weeks in view will print now. So if you size your browser so that only one week is showing, that should be the only week that prints. If you want to print as many weeks as possible, you can put the calendar in compact mode to so that more weeks are shown and therefore printed.

One thing to note, is if you resize your browser to get just the right number of weeks showing, you may need to scroll the calendar once to get it locked in on the weeks you want to print.

We also improved printing for the Quick View, so you can take your workouts with you. Next week we will release improvements when printing the ATP.

4. Planning workouts for each week would be easier if you could see where each training period starts/finishes without having to switch between the Calendar & ATP views

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Like many athletes, I form time to time have aches, pains or more substantial injuries I have to deal with.

Once an ache/pain develops I take the necessary time off or adjust my training to ensure recovery and no further damage. However, after weeks/months I often forget if it was the right or left knee, shin, ankle, etc. that was giving me problems.
    It would be helpful to have a page in my TP account where I can track the dates, locations and severity of injuries.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The "old" system allowed for coaches to make notes that could only be seen by the coach and not the athlete.

Can we or will we have this ability in the Beta/New platform?

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Check out our new Coach Home view where you can store your athlete notes.

7. Please include the feature of colour coding your workouts according to type of workout instead of completed work out time - as was possible in the old version of TrainingPeaks. Now, if I shorten one workout and train longer the next day, I get two red workouts. This makes me feel I'm doing something "wrong", while it was a thought out decision. Plus, with colours based on type of workout, I can see in one glance how many times I did strength training last month, for example.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Modernize the file system and user interface associated with workout library management so we can do basic functions as follow:

Drag and drop workouts from one library into another in bulk to ease library restructuring. Just like you can with regular widows files and folders.

Also allow this for SHARED libraries as well so you can pick and choose shared workouts to add to your personal libraries.

Current functionality involves manually adding and saving each workout into a different library and is terribly cumbersome. As you get more mature in your coaching re structuring your library is inevitable.

Improve workout…

124 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We just released a few improvements to your workout libraries. You can now rename your libraries as well as move/copy workouts between libraries. Thanks for you suggestions and patience on this!

9. Would like to resize the map window so that I can have a bigger map vertically

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Since all my body metrics are on my workout watch, it would be nice to download the data just like a workout.

102 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  15 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am writing to you to request that Training Peaks ("TP") add a sleep recordation feature. The “Sleep Feature”, which would enable athletes to (i) upload data from sleep tracking devices (i.e. jawbone, fitbit, Lark) or (ii) input such sleep information manually, similar to the way an individual inputs foods that are not listed in TP's nutrition database.

I believe the addition of the Sleep Feature would be beneficial as it would allow coaches and athletes to (i) compare and correlate the sleep data with their performance data, heart rate variability, and overall quality of training and (ii) understand the…

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Early this week FitnessSyncer released an update that allows for the syncing of sleep data from Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc. to TrainingPeaks. FitnessSyncer has been syncing workouts to TrainingPeaks for a few years. Expanding that functionality to sleep, steps, etc. has been something that we have been discussing for a while, and we are very excited that this is now available for all TrainingPeaks users.
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com

FitnessSyncer has a both free and premium accounts. Below is a coupon for 1 month free. They are also running a 25% off sale on annual subscriptions until Jan 7, 2017.

Coupon for one month free:
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/coupon?code=trainingpeaks1

We recommend reading through their FAQ page to get familiar with all the features.
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/frequently-asked-questions

• Word of advice, make sure you set your timezone correctly in FitnessSyncer before syncing to TrainingPeaks. *

FitnessSyncer also provides mobile apps to sync data with Apple’s HealthKit and Samsung’s S Health…

12. I noticed today that the app will only download the workout when it is connected to the device, it does not really save the workout on the device. I mean this. I opened the app and downloaded the workout, the app then asked me if I wished to do the workout now. I did not so I closed the TP app thinking it was saved on the watch and I could come back to it later. When I reopened the app, the workout was gone. I had to redownload it and then keep the app open until I got to…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The workouts are saved by default to the device and can be accessed later on without using the TrainingPeaks IQ app.

The workouts can be accessed through Garmin’s interface. Make sure that you know the name of the workout you are looking for. This is from Garmin’s help site:
    1. From the watch face, select START.
    2. Select an activity type
    3. Hold the “9 o’clock” button to enter settings
    4. Select Training > My Workouts.‍
    5. Select a workout. Look for it by name.
    6. Select Do Workout.
    7. Select START to start the timer.

Here is Garmin’s help page for going this on a 935, it is the same on all their watches
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/forerunner935/EN-US/GUID-3AA7B50B-EBE5-4A29-A15A-316849BA9BDB.html

And for an Edge 820, again it is the same for all Edge devices
    https://www8.garmin.com/manuals/webhelp/edge820/EN-US/GUID-5CA69960-1471-47A1-867E-820FD0B240C8.html

If you use the app enough, then eventually you will need to manually delete the older workouts. You…

13. I have been a Trainingpeaks subscriber for a number of years and I use both the web based site and the mobile app. I have all my running shoes listed in the equipment section and I keep track of the miles I run by shoe. Right now, I always have to go to the web based site to add the shoe to my workout--it does not allow me to select the equipment on the mobile app. Are there any plans to "upgrade" the functionality of the mobile app?

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As a coach, I have the ability to adjust several aspects of my athlete's completed activity. Examples include run duration, time, and even IF. Several of athletes run on trails, and base their effort on heart rate. On the desktop website, the coach can modify the rTSS to hrTSS for athletes on trails that use HRM. Per TP suggestions, this will more accurately calculate IF, TSS, and the dashboard metrics. However, I am unable change this on the mobile app, forcing me to go to a desktop. This would be a nice feature to include.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. With the release of Garmin labs running power CIQ app for the Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 is would be useful to display this in Training Peaks. I believe that this data is store in a custom developer field so we need a way to read this data in.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are still not seeing run power data in TrainingPeaks, then make sure to update the Garmin Run Power data field(s) on your watch. You want to be on version v1.10 or greater. Updating the data fields is done using either Garmin Express on your PC/Mac, or on your mobile device using the Garmin Connect app.

Garmin’s release notes mention “Support for display of power on 3rd party websites”. That is the fix for showing run power in TrainingPeaks, and other sites. https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a26e5358-7526-4582-af7e-8606884d96bc

The update only applies to new activities, so update the data fields before your next run!

If you bike and run we power, remember to setup run specific power thresholds and zones. Most power related dashboard charts can be filtered by sport type so bike and run data can be split in to their own charts, which we recommend doing.

16. It appears that the recent updates to the web interface have removed 'Completed TSS' from Settings/Layout/Calendar/Workout. IOW, we can no longer see Planned AND Completed TSS for the workouts in the Calendar.

Please bring this back!
    If I'm missing how to (re)enable this please direct me.
    Cheers,
    /Howie

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

By default completed duration, distance, and TSS are now always shown on the calendar, which is why the Completed TSS setting was removed. A checkmark now being displayed next to the metric that was used to determine compliance. Planned duration, distance, and TSS are still available as options.

17. It would be nice to see which outside services such as Garmin are connected to my TrainingPeaks account. Most other places have something like this to view connected apps.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I have a Garmin scale and it automatically sends my weight to Gamin Connect, it would be helpful if Training Peaks imported this along with my workouts.

40 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Hi. I have been using the structured training created by Workout builder in my Garmin watch, but my Coach creates all running interval training based on RPE (mainly the shorttest ones, 20 seconds for example).
    I know that Garmin doesn't support RPE as a Intensity Target but would be so helpfull if was possible to export the .fit from an RPE training as a workout without Intensity Target to send to Garmin because we could control the Interval times automatically.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Previously, a person could write a comment, enter the Analysis view, continue the comment, got back to the Summary view, and still continue the comment until that comment is saved.

Currently (as of sometime last week 1/8/18, the comment disappears when switching from Summary to Analysis view and vice versa. This makes things much harder to write the full comment as a coach or athlete.

Can we return to the previous way of editing comments.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?