Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

191 results found

1. For example, an athlete chooses Imperial for his/her metrics, however, chooses a 25-meter pool as the default. This should then trigger bike and run workouts to be in miles and the swim workouts to be in meters (on their TrainingPeaks calendar not just their device).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be great to be able to add multi-day events like stage races or ultra distance events over several days. At the moment you have to add a event for every single day of the event.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When I record a brick session on my Fenix watch, Training Peaks will not allow me to upload it into the coach’s planned session. Instead, I have to record them as unplanned sessions, and leave the brick as “not attempted”.

A brick workout should allow attaching multiple activities, reflecting the nature of the workout.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi,

Requests that there be an notification when my coach uploads a workout for me or makes a change in a workout that has not yet been done.

Regards,
    Eliran Maayan

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. At the moment you can only choose between power or heart rate zones when building a workout. As not all athletes have a powermeter it is quite laborious to consider that fact and prescribe the workout with the right zones (power or heart rate). If multiple zones (heart rate, power RPE or other...) can be displayed in a prescribed workout you no longer have to think about wether the athlete has a power meter or not.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please add "Average" to metrics "Overall Feeling" and "Motivation" so you don't have to choose between "Below Average" and "Above Average".

My coach was asking me why I feel "below average" since a long time. I answered there is no possibility to choose "Average", only possibility to choose "Above Average" but I don't feel "Above Average" because I feel "Average".

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Since TrainingPeaks doesn't differentiate between open water and pool swims most devices including Garmin watches, only support importing structured workouts from TP in Pool swim mode. Seems to me we are missing a trick as the pool environment is already structured! Set distances, pool clock etc., and many swimmers (and coaches) prefer not to use a watch in the pool. However, when we go out outside, we lose the wall clock and the lap lengths. To avoid the common trap of falling into “mono-speed” swimming we still need to provide structure. I do this by setting the intervals on duration…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently the planned workout includes breaks and gives a time and pace based on that. The uploaded workout does not, so the pace and TSS are higher, and the workout compliance ends up not green.

There are pros and cons for both measures - being able to see actual swim pace, not pace including breaks, or being able to see the total duration of the sessions., Either way I think we should compare the same thing, not 2 different things.
    I would prefer the uploaded file to include breaks, but a toggle to be Abe to switch between them on…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sometimes I need to fill in a missing out extra workout. It would be nice to be able to copy and paste workouts on the app to do that.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I can view and edit tags on my workouts on desktop, but I don't see the tags in the Android app and certainly no option to edit them. This means that I have to remember to log in on my computer to edit the tags on my workouts instead of being able to do so right away on my phone. It is very inconvenient.

I have checked through support articles and searched online to see if I've overlooked this basic feature, but haven't found any resources. If it's already possible to do this please let me know. Thank you.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You have integration with MyFitnessPal. Possible to get similar integration with Cronometer? Desired metrics would be total calories in, macro nutrient totals (ie: protein, fat, carbs).

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I have done a swimming session the total time what is put from my garmin forerunner 255 is less in trainingpeaks. Garmin is including the 5, 10 or 15 sec of change/rest in betreden an exercise and trainingpeaks is taking this out leading towards Orange or even Red training sessions as the time is not met. These small breaks are part of the training and should be included. E.G. by running you also don't reduce the time of an interval training by substracting the small recovery breaks in between

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Swim Workout Builder - „Pause“ function

I compared the usability of native Garmin Swim Workouts and TP Workouts created in the Workout Builder.

The main problem is the unavailability of „pause“ in trainingpeaks, what means that in the pool after any kind of intervals the next step could never be a pause. Only workaround to stop the hole session on the watch while not knowing the recovery time.

Second thing would be the possibility to use the „drill“ function which is helpful to deactivate the automatic swim style detection.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When writing training plans it's common to dive into multiple libraries to find workouts, so the left hand bar quickly becomes cluttered with open libraries. It would be really nice to have a "collapse all" (or other appropriate terminology) to instantly close them all rather than manually doing it one by one

19 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. For mountain runners and skimo racers a peak VAM chart similar to the peak power and peak HR charts would be really useful. You could see your best VAM for varying durations and track improvements over time.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add metrics and progress bar or percent completed to custom goals over a given time period. For example: Bike 3000 miles in 12 months. I could view my progress of achieving that goal at any time.

Strava and Garmin currently have this option.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Include recovery and strain scores from Whoop as a metric to be tracked on the metrics panel of the dashboard.

38 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When I swim, I swim in metric so 25m pool or 2500m in open water. However, when I cycle or run, I do it in miles. Unfortunately there is only 1 unit preference setting in Training Peaks which makes it a pain as I cannot figure out how well I'm doing for my lap swims or my open water swims. I tried to manually update the distance on the swim workout to meters but the pace still shows in yards. I would suggest that training peaks have a default unit per activity type so that swims display in metric while…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I'm a coach with a large (50 person) team, all following the same basic periodization scheme for their year. It would be amazing if either (or both!) of the following capabilities existed:
    1. Ability for a coach to copy & paste a "basic" annual training plan from athlete to athlete. I can apply a weekly plan to multiple athletes, but I can't do the same for the ATP - I have to build it from scratch for every athlete.
    2. Ability to see an "ATP View" for a training plan that I load into an athlete. For example, if you…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. There are already a number of requests in this forum to enhance the ability to enhance the ability to auto-assign and track the equipment used for activities.

While most suggestions focus on individual use cases (e.g., wheel sets), I propose a more general approach:

Please add different equipment types or a "other equipment" category. This would allow us to track the use of not only a pre-set equipment type (like e.g. wheels) but chains, cassettes, tires, helmets (e.g. UV exposure), smart trainers, etc.

Additionally, please enable us to set default equipment based on activity types, eg. one shoe for running…

132 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?