TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Structure workouts based on specific Zones

It would be a good option to be able to choose specific zones for an athlete when building a workout in the Workout builder.
    This could then be chosen from a drop-down menu for the sport-specific zones an athlete has (either based off HR or Pace/power).

83 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

2. Improve the way women can record their menstrual cylce

I am not 100% sure how to improve it, but the way women are able to record their menstrual cycle at the moment is not great. To help with the way that it can become an open conversation between all coaches and athletes and feel as normal as recording weight etc.

50 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

3. Running Efficiency Factor in the Dashboard

Dear all,

Would it be possible to get a chart in the dashboard that would show the time evolution of the Running Efficiency Factor? It seems that the point is to improve with time on that one and the parameter is only available buried in each activity so far.

Here is a blog post from Joe on the matter.

https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/the-efficiency-factor-in-running/

Thank you very much!

33 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4. Workoutbuilder: please add functionality for "multiple-step-repeats"

In addition to a warm-up and cool-down, interval training usually consists of successive, repetitive performance blocks, which in turn consist of "ramp-up" and "recovery" phases. - Currently TrainingPeaks only allows "sub-blocks" of 2 or 3 step repeats in its "Workout Builder". This is insufficient.Real training life requires more flexibility! Please create a new (or replace) the current blocks with a freely configurable block (up to at least 10 repetitions).A manual workaround is possible, but not status-compliant.

31 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5. Setting zones

The Zone setting functionality is fine but what I miss is history. Say we have a table that would record each time we reset our Threshold value ,whichever an athlete is using (Power,Heart...),basically a history of Threshold tests,possibly with weight as well. That would be neat.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6. Provide both indoor and outdoor power zones for cycling

My outdoor FTP is 216 watts, but my indoor FTP is 182 watts! That is two entire power zones different. Much of that difference is due to using two separate power meters, but this difference in power measurement is a common situation. Unfortunately this makes my power zones wildly inaccurate when I switch between indoor and outdoor rides. The difference in power zones is so great that I can't really use the TP analysis tools for both types of rides. So, I would like there to be both indoor cycling and outdoor cycling with different power zones applied. And, there…

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7. View zone distribution for planned workout blocks

On the Calendar page's weekly summary, show zone distribution for planned workouts.

So, for example, if following an 80/20 regimen with a week-on-week increase in TSS, this would enable an athlete to raise training workload for the week while maintaining their prescribed proportion of HIIT vs endurance.

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8. Set a default TSS calculation method (hrTSS vs TSS)

(In user story notation for clarity)

• As an offroad runner
    • I want hrTSS to be the default/preferred metric for ALL my activities
    • So that: 1) I can see an accurate training load metric; hrTSS (which accounts for variations in elevation, bag weight, terrain, weather, etc) 2) Without having to change EVERY individual activity from TSS > hrTSS manually

This may of course be better implemented by allowing all users to set a default TSS calc method at global or activity level.

Customer Support Representative confirms "Unfortunately, there is not a way to set a default TSS calculation method however this…

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9. 18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10. Missed workout notification

A notification to coaches that an athlete has missed a scheduled workout. Perhaps notifications linked to the session adherence RAG status.

Often workouts are completed as planned and only need a small amount of feedback. The conversation around understanding why a workout has been missed is far more valuable to the coach-athlete relationship.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11. New Garmin RPE Rating automatic import

So with the new updates from Garmin for their 245,745, 945 (and Fenix?)

After finishing a prescribed workout - the watch are now asking for the precevied effort and how you felt - I understand these new values are stored / saved within the .fit file.

Could TP look at importing these new values and matching to the values stored on TP workouts?

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12. Show the miles on equipment in the app

I like to monitor the miles on my shoes (I have several pairs that I alternate) but don’t often go on my my computer to see it. Would be great to be able to see from the app which I look at every day.

14 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  iPhone / iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13. Add an 'Indoor Bike' Workout Option

When selecting a workout type, it would be great to have an 'indoor bike' option. To use clearly as an indication to athletes to complete the session on an indoor trainer, rather than out on the road.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14. Dynamic Workouts

When you make a change to a workout in your library, all instances of that workout used in your training plan library receive the update, as well.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. This has been added to that project’s feedback.

15. Merge/unmerge Planned and Completed Workouts in Mobile App

Currently, the only option to merge or unmerge a completed workout with a planned workout is on the desktop site. Auto-merge is a good feature, but it is sometimes wrong or doesn’t work. Being able to do this from the app on your phone would be a great feature.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Hiking as a category / icon

How come there is no hiking icons or any other support features. When I synch with other apps that do supporting hiking (Gamin / Strava) it is confusing. Not a big deal but it seems like it would not be a big deal to support it either. Especially for those who might be cross training for a major trek or climb.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17. % Completed Vs Planned Sessions

As a coach I’d find it very useful to be able to view Percentage Complete versus Planned sessions. So an overall % and per discipline, per week, per month or whatever dates you requested.

The data for this already exists with Tp so this would be easily achieved for the developers.

It could be used to show an athlete their commitment to the coached plan. Also for the coach hold an athlete to account.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

18. Allow for weekly notes in weekly summary section

Would it be possible to add a notes section for the weekly summary on the calendar page. Similar to that for the paper based training diary (Chapter 14) in the Triathletes Training Bible?

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19. The ability to set sport type specific units would be great for Triathletes

Currently, setting units to imperial or metric is an account level setting. As a triathlete, I track run/bike in miles but swim in meters. Having the ability to set sport-specific units would be a big help. Margie McParland suggested I post this on the customer feedback forum. So there's my suggestion. Keep setting the standard for online training management and I look forward to future updates.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20. Pair workouts

it would be handy if you could pair workouts on the mobile app. the training from the trainer and the training carried out are usually paired automatically if it is the same activity. However, if the trainer does the training on the racing bike, but I do it on the bike, you have to pair it manually in order to be able to compare what should and what has been carried out. which so far only works on the computer.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base