Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Share Your Insights and Shape the Future of TrainingPeaks

At TrainingPeaks, we're committed to continually enhancing our platform to better serve your needs. Your feedback is essential in helping us achieve this goal. To submit your feedback:

• Search for Your Idea: Before adding a new suggestion, take a moment to search for similar ideas. If you find one that matches, you can add your vote and contribute to the discussion with your comments.

• Add Your New Idea: Have a unique suggestion? We'd love to hear it! Create a new entry with a clear title and a detailed description.

• Rate an Idea's Importance: How important is this feature to you? Let us know by rating its importance helping drive our ever evolving roadmap.

Our product teams regularly review UserVoice contributions during our ongoing prioritization and product discovery process, so this is the best place to suggest the changes you want to see. 

Need Assistance or Want to Report a bug?

If you require assistance with TrainingPeaks or wish to report a problem, our Support Team is here to help. Please reach out to us at TrainingPeaks Support.

Stay Informed About Our Latest Features

To keep up to date with our newest feature releases and updates, visit our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates page.

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

339 results found

1. The current TrainingPeaks views for coaches (Flex and beta versions) are basically a collection of individual athletes without many features for managing multiple athletes. These views treat the coach view as a big filing cabinet of individual athletes, each in their separate drawers. This requires the coach to go through each filing drawer individually. In Flex you can open two filing drawers next to each other, which is nice, but not nearly enough. With a true "coach view," a coach's workflow would be enhanced to improve reviewing, planning, analyzing, and communicating with both individual athletes and groups of athletes.

While…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a lot of great feedback, suggestions, and some known bugs in here. Thanks for taking the time to put this together. We are working towards many of these things already, hopefully for later this year. I am going to mark this as “Considered” so you get your votes back.

2. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Early this week FitnessSyncer released an update that allows for the syncing of additional Withings data to TrainingPeaks. FitnessSyncer has been syncing workouts to TrainingPeaks for a few years. Expanding that functionality to sleep, steps, etc. has been something that we have been discussing for a while, and we are very excited that this is now available for all TrainingPeaks users.
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com

FitnessSyncer has a both free and premium accounts. Below is a coupon for 1 month free. They are also running a 25% off sale on annual subscriptions until Jan 7, 2017.

Coupon for one month free:
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/coupon?code=trainingpeaks1

We recommend reading through their FAQ page to get familiar with all the features.
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/frequently-asked-questions

• Word of advice, make sure you set your timezone correctly in FitnessSyncer before syncing to TrainingPeaks. *

FitnessSyncer also provides mobile apps to sync data with Apple’s HealthKit and Samsung’s S Health app on Android. This…

3. In BETA if I drag my mouse along the graph I can see the pointer move on the map. In Garmin Connect there is a play/pause button that will automatically move the cursor and pointer.

This is useful when some of my athletes do track sessions or small loops and don't count laps or use the lap button on their device. The GPS doesn't record sessions and on the track over 18 laps the GPS device can read up to 1 lap too long. This just provides a very easy way to count laps.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Being able to set a personal colour scheme in TP would be optimal however please atleast provide some colour contrasting in the new TP version as the monotone grey makes scanning the screen for information very difficult. Like suddenly going from having colour TV back to black and white! The new functionality is great but I have to switch back to the classic version everytime I have any real work to do. Please improve. Great job otherwise.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a coach, would be great to be able to continu making plans once we have no 'online' connection. Eg. on a plane. In some hotels wifi connection is so bad that working in trainingpeaks is not possible when lot's of people are connecting

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Just heard the news about the Best Bike Split purchase which I think is a really fantastic tool. I'm a premium subscriber to both TP and BBS and I'm looking forward to using both over the next year. I'm sure there will be a lot to work over the next few months regarding integration and there will be many requests. My request is just a simple request to ensure that we have a great tool for ensuring that we are able to upload our 'race plan' and 'completed' workout into the same activity in our training diaries and have the…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. To provide a basic facility that can be chosen by 'joe public' to be either a generic TP training plan or a specific coach driven plan. based upon basic generic sport specific training plan. I would be able to select what I believe to be the most suitable plan for my need and then overlay that plan onto my personal athlete calendar. Eg: if I were to see a simple increase FTP training program I could select it and try and plan my days training accordingly and then maybe closer to, or during race season I could change to a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be benefitial, to have ability to track general "rest" or "stress" levels, something like restwise has developped. I have been using restwise, but in the end, I have no time for multiple platforms. With already existing training stress levels, and automatic sleep tracking maybe comming to training peaks, the logical follow up would be to start tracking general rest/load level so you could see how it behaves over time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. While garmin connect is auto-uploading my swim workout from my Forerunner 920XT, it only takes into account swim time without breaks. This makes TSS higher than it would with the braks naturally. Is there an option to change this or set up preference how the workout should be uploaded? I believe, when I uplad the workout file, it takes into account the whole workout with the breaks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently working as designed and there are no immediate plans to change this. To workaround this you can enter the total time (not the moving time) in to the quick view and then delete the sTSS value. A new sTSS will be calculated based on the total time.

10. I would like a chart where I can highlight segments of the ride and drag them down into a separate chart where it will link those together and give me all the data points on the cumulative group of segments I pull in. This way I can better look at the total time at intensity and display more clearly to that athlete what we are aiming for as we link together intervals or other meaningful segments.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow registration on the 'Customer Success Team' site so that you only have to enter the subject and question each time and not all of your contact information etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Device Agent is in need of a few updates:

1. Newer devices don't seem to be recognised by name, only given a generic "FIT" device description. Examples (not actually that recent!) are Garmin fenix 2 and Garmin Virb action camera.

2. Integration with Garmin Express for the ANT+ devices (e.g. 910xt and Swim).

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently there are no plans for Device Agent to support Garmin Express. The recommended way to upload data from all Garmin devices is using our Garmin Sync feature. In this workflow you would use Garmin Express to upload your data to Garmin Connect. Garmin Connect then syncs your data to TrainingPeaks.

You can find more information here.
    http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/instantly-upload-your-workouts-to-trainingpeaks-with-garmin-autosync

13. My wife and I use TP and share the same laptop at home. It would be great if there could be a way for us to quickly switch from one person's login to the other, without all the clicking and typing required to logoff and login again.

How about listing the last few users logged in on that computer in the drop-down menu at the top, then popping up a quick password box, to quickly switch between users.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time, this is not a feature that we plan to add. That may change in the future, but nothing is definite.

There are a few workarounds though, such as letting the browser autocomplete your user/pw, use a tool like LastPass, or use two different browsers – each browser will store its own login information.

14. I understand the intent of the pre-activity notes but from a user standpoint it does not make sense to me. Please consider a user accessible pre-activity section to record technique comments aside from the actual workout specifics. As a self coached athlete I would find this area useful to input work out tips and techniques to consider or pre-race focus ideas... Restricted areas within a personal training log don't make sense to me as a user... Please consider this as an RFE..

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Provide the ability to sync HRV as a TP metric from the Inner Balance app. Syncing HRV from SweetBeat is great, but Inner Balance is also a popular platform that is sometimes more convenient to use.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For a coach working in the program will become more comfortable and convenient, if you have the ability to create blocks of exercises for the athlete, for example, the athlete has morning training and evening training, morning running and stretching, night Jogging, stretching and strength. And it would be great to have a clear division into blocks in the calendar for morning exercises and evening exercises. And the ability to create these blocks by different criteria and to assign them names in a free form.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be fantastic to be able to sync data from the Lifetrack Zoom HRV tracker.

Here is the link to make it happen. https://lifetrakusa.com/affiliates/developers/

Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new ConnectIQ app (released today) does not support the 920XT/Fenix3 and most other devices of that generation.

Given that the 935 and the Fenix5 devices have only been released in the very recent past...that means that your "new" app supports only a very small percentage of the real Garmin / TP user community. I understand the desire/need to announce support for the 935 on launch day....

...but, NOT providing support for the actual current userbase at the same time is VERY LAME.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The app uses a few new features of the Connect IQ 2.2 SDK, which allows content to be downloaded, stored, and executed on the device. Unfortunately, the 920XT and Fenix 3 are both CIQ 1.x devices, so our app will not run on those devices.

Currently the supported devices are:
    Edge 1000, 820, & 520
    FR935
    FR735XT – pending a firmware update
    Fenix 5 – all variants
    Fenix Chronos – pending a firmware update

If you have a Fenix 3 or 920XT you can still get workouts from TrainingPeaks on to your device. I agree that it is a lot of steps, but you could do this in batch once or twice a week to save some time.
    https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001076908-Structured-Workout-Export-for-Garmin-Devices

19. TrainingPeaks should auto title non-planned workouts based on location similar to Garmin connect. Currently completed workouts are titled with "Untitled". This fills up my calendar and makes it hard to single out workouts. Instead each completed workout without a title should automatically be titled based on the workout's location data.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Based on the concept of thrust to weight ratio (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thrust-to-weight_ratio), it would be nice to have a graph that tracks:

FTP in seconds (power) / weight

I currently have to do this calculation myself and hide it in the 'waist' metric to display it as a graph.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Future Opportunity  ·  1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?