Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Share Your Insights and Shape the Future of TrainingPeaks

At TrainingPeaks, we're committed to continually enhancing our platform to better serve your needs. Your feedback is essential in helping us achieve this goal. To submit your feedback:

• Search for Your Idea: Before adding a new suggestion, take a moment to search for similar ideas. If you find one that matches, you can add your vote and contribute to the discussion with your comments.

• Add Your New Idea: Have a unique suggestion? We'd love to hear it! Create a new entry with a clear title and a detailed description.

• Rate an Idea's Importance: How important is this feature to you? Let us know by rating its importance helping drive our ever evolving roadmap.

Our product teams regularly review UserVoice contributions during our ongoing prioritization and product discovery process, so this is the best place to suggest the changes you want to see. 

Need Assistance or Want to Report a bug?

If you require assistance with TrainingPeaks or wish to report a problem, our Support Team is here to help. Please reach out to us at TrainingPeaks Support.

Stay Informed About Our Latest Features

To keep up to date with our newest feature releases and updates, visit our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates page.

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

152 results found

1. Automatic sync from MapMyRun to Training Peaks. I like the features in TP but don't want to manually enter in yet another system.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would be happy to provide the team at MapMyFitness access to our API for uploading data. It usually works out better if the request comes from one of their users.
    https://support.mapmyfitness.com/hc

Until then, there are a few options to keep from having to manually enter your workout data in to TrainingPeaks.

The Wahoo Fitness app will sync data to both TrainingPeaks and MapMyFitness.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wahoo-fitness/id391599899?mt=8
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wahoofitness.fitness&hl=en

If you are an iPhone user, the MapMyFitness app can write data to Apple’s Health app. Once your workout data is in the Health app there are a few different apps that can then sync the data to TrainingPeaks
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/how-to-use-trainingpeaks-with-your-apple-watch/

2. This is how most social feeds are displayed (Facebook, Twitter, email) so each time I go into TrianingPeaks, it throws me off and I start scrolling the wrong direction.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unlike Facebook, Twitter, email, etc where all the items in the feed are in the past, in our apps there may also be workouts planned in the future. For this reason we chose to match the scrolling direction found in most calendar apps. So at this time there are no plans to change the scrolling behavior.

3. There are a bunch of data analysis tools (PowerBI from Microsoft for one) that will injest xml data streams and allow some pretty amazing reporting. It would be great to be able to point other reporting tools at our data to allow for custom graphing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. There is some instances (trainer workouts) where it would be useful to be able to open the workout in the app and from there start recording it, using the usual sensors. (Power, HR etc).
    It would reduce a couple of steps when it comes to importing the workout from TP to some other software and then export the results to TP.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are some great apps out there for indoor training. Most have integrated with TrainingPeaks to directly import your planned workouts into their apps and then automatically upload the completed workouts back to TrainingPeaks for analysis.

Most Garmin Edge devices and Wahoo ELEMNT devices can also directly import your planned workouts for use both indoors and out. These devices can also control smart trainers, making it fairly seamless to execute your planned workouts.

These are some of the apps we like for indoor training. Some are paid services, while others are free or only a few dollar/Euros.
    https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/choosing-the-right-indoor-cycling-app/

For additional assistance please contact our Customer Success Team at: https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

5. Could you please add two blocks to build workout:
    - a linear ramp up (not with steps) from a bottom to a summit
    - a linear ramp down from a summit to a bottom

Sorry for my English and thanks in advance

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Most devices and apps do not support a linear ramp step. The Computrainer platform supported this, but is not longer in development. Our current stepped ramp can be configured to have up to 40 steps, with each step defaulting to a 1% increase in FTP over the previous step. This provides a very linear ramp up. A note of caution though, each device and app has its own limit on the number of steps that it supports in a single workout, so this feature may not be compatible with every device or app.

6. Currently to export a workout file for use on a trainer it seems you need to first put it in your calendar. Didn't realise this and wasted time before I accidentally discovered this. This is an unnecessary extra step, so would like to see the ability to export direct from the Workout Library.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We apologize that this tripped you up. Yes, it is required that workouts are planned on your calendar in order to sync with one of our partners. The reason for this is to encourage coached athletes, or athletes following a training plan, to perform their prescribed workouts. For self-coached athletes we still feel it is valuable to plan your workouts in advance. Being able to compare planned versus actual can help determine if the workout was successfully executed.

Planning workouts on the calendar will allow you to take advantage of our Structured Workout Overlay feature. https://www.trainingpeaks.com/blog/stay-on-track-with-the-new-structured-workout-overlay/

Workouts can be quickly planned, or rescheduled, for the current day with both our web and mobile apps. Planning workouts for the current day is available for both basic and premium athletes. Planning workouts in to the future does require a premium account.

7. Now that you have the feature to build a workout in TrainingPeaks you should be able to use that workout to drive an ergo.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Files exported from our workout builder are compatible with most indoor training apps, so at this time we do not plan to develop our own. We are working with a few partners to streamline the export/import process.

.ERG and .MRC files can be imported in to any of these platforms:
    TrainerRoad
    PerfPro
    Virtual Training

.ZWO files can be imported in to:
    Zwift

These are a few budget friendly options for iOS and Android. .ERG and .MRC file exported from our mobile apps can be directly opened with either of these apps:
    Hurts Ergo – iOS
    http://www.hurtsdevelopment.com/

Indoor Cycling Workout – Android
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.pierrox.indoorcyclingworkout&hl=en

This is another option good for Windows and OSX.
    Maximum Trainer
    https://www.maximumtrainer.com/

8. When merging data from multiple devices, there are frequently alignment issues for me. I have a garmin 920XT, and a wired (LYC) PowerTap. Since the LYC PowerTap time codes are relative to the start of the log, there is frequently "drift" between it and the Garmin. For continuous effort rides, this isn't much of a big deal. But, for interval efforts, it becomes a pain to assess HR/power relationships.

It would be nice to have a editor of some sort to shift/stretch the merged device files in order to align the critical portions of a workout.

Similarly, for devices that…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. It would be helpful if Training Peaks would support sync with other social training apps like RunKeeper and Strava. It would be helpful to be able to sync directly from Training Peaks rather than having to go through a third party synchronization program like Tapiriik.

30 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Training Peaks also available in other languages

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Take off the CTL, ATL and TSB on the app that the athlete uses. It can be very ordinary for their psychology when they see these values.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The scatter plot feature COULD be a lot more useful than it is, if you could compare trailing averages of metrics rather than the instantaneous values.

For example, let's say I want to chart power and/or cadence vs. heart rate. Unfortunately, power can fluctuate rapidly during a ride, and heart rate does not respond instantaneously to changes in power - it ramps up or down over time.

The idea would be to compare "trailing averages" for scatter plot data. i.e. plot 60 second trailing average power vs. heart rate. The length of the trailing average should be configurable on a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. In Classic you could click an arrow (play) in the data view and it was like watching a movie of the workout. Made it easier to review the workout data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like My Fitness Pal to be integrated in a way that my coach can see exactly what I'm eating instead of just the calorie and macronutrient totals. They way it is right now she has to log onto MyFitness Pal to see my food logs.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now there are no plans to sync additional nutrition data from MyFitnessPal. We will pass your request along to MFP to provide a way for a coach/nutritionist to be able to see their athlete’s/client’s data.

15. I've used TrainingPeaks for many years. But I don't race bikes or run. I'm 61 years old. I use TrainingPeaks to track my progress on DVD workouts like P90X3 and Insanity Max :30. How about adding some features that fit these types of general cross-training workouts?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Adding nutrient info per workout (eg fields for grams of carbs, fat and protein consumed during the workout). This would allow you to review past workout nutritional info that worked well for a certain type of workout

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Virtual Coach was a great tool to use as a guideline for workout types for the given phase of training. This allowed you to choose athletes weaknesses and gave workouts to fit the need.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We would actually like to speed it up! However, the speed of the sync is not the issue. When using the GarminSync feature, the original device file is sent from Garmin Connect to TrainingPeaks. Since we receive the original file edits that are made on Garmin Connect would be in the file. Adding to that, the current .FIT file format does not have a field for title nor comment, so there is no place to even put those items. In the end we prefer to receive the original file, so there are no plans at this time to change the current behavior. Tapiriik uses a different API to communicate with Garmin. I am not sure, but the title and comments may be preserved using that service.

20. Allow iHealth sync with TP.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?