Skip to content

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Share Your Insights and Shape the Future of TrainingPeaks

At TrainingPeaks, we're committed to continually enhancing our platform to better serve your needs. Your feedback is essential in helping us achieve this goal. To submit your feedback:

• Search for Your Idea: Before adding a new suggestion, take a moment to search for similar ideas. If you find one that matches, you can add your vote and contribute to the discussion with your comments.

• Add Your New Idea: Have a unique suggestion? We'd love to hear it! Create a new entry with a clear title and a detailed description.

• Rate an Idea's Importance: How important is this feature to you? Let us know by rating its importance helping drive our ever evolving roadmap.

Our product teams regularly review UserVoice contributions during our ongoing prioritization and product discovery process, so this is the best place to suggest the changes you want to see. 

Need Assistance or Want to Report a bug?

If you require assistance with TrainingPeaks or wish to report a problem, our Support Team is here to help. Please reach out to us at TrainingPeaks Support.

Stay Informed About Our Latest Features

To keep up to date with our newest feature releases and updates, visit our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates page.

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

268 results found

1. I know that a new workout creator tool is going to be developed for the web/desktop platform. But I would like to suggest that TrainingPeaks uses something similar to the TrainerRoad's one. As a coach it's really a lot of work to write PERSONALIZED power workouts based on their current FTP and race specifics. I have developed a Excel spreadsheet that helps but still...

82 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow the user to select a sport and then enter time in each hr/power/pace zone and for this to give a rough estimate of TSS.

77 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Josh responded

You can now see estimated TSS when you create a planned workout and enter duration and IF.

3. The workflow to upload files to training peaks is unwieldily. It would make more sense to me if workouts were uploaded automatically when detected. I was going to do this myself with a folder action in Mac OS X. Garmin Connect does it by using a browser plugin.

I suspect that there is a way a more clever programmer could use the easy upload link service to script this action, but I'm not quite knowledgable enough to do that.

All that I really need is a way to script uploading a file, Mac OS will take care of the rest.…

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add lap button as duration in workout builder - when not on a trainer I usually adjust the length of the warm up to match the terrain and traffic conditions. It would be useful to be able to set a section of workout in the workout builder as ending on lap button like you can on Garmin's workout creator

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Please include the feature of colour coding your workouts according to type of workout instead of completed work out time - as was possible in the old version of TrainingPeaks. Now, if I shorten one workout and train longer the next day, I get two red workouts. This makes me feel I'm doing something "wrong", while it was a thought out decision. Plus, with colours based on type of workout, I can see in one glance how many times I did strength training last month, for example.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. My pool is 25m, and it is a pain to have to convert to yards. It would be nice if you could change just the distance for swims without having to change general setting to metric.

72 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  21 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. A lot of nice features are included in TP, but sometimes I need to be offline and at that point TP is useless. I've been waiting for WKO4 for a long time, when is it coming?

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Can hrTSS also be displayed for a workout that has power data (including highlighted sections)? Along with this it would be helpful to be able to toggle back in forth/choose whether you wanted to use the normal TSS for a given workout or use the hrTSS. I'm asking for this feature because I think hrTSS is going to be more accurate for modeling TSS in PMC when the athlete is under certain environmental stresses (e.g. hyperthermia or hypoxia). I think it would also be more accurate than a correction factor on the power since individuals and acclimatization levels vary greatly.…

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Josh responded

You are now able to toggle how your TSS is calculated on your workout. Thanks so much for your suggestion!

9. In addition to a warm-up and cool-down, interval training usually consists of successive, repetitive performance blocks, which in turn consist of "ramp-up" and "recovery" phases. - Currently TrainingPeaks only allows "sub-blocks" of 2 or 3 step repeats in its "Workout Builder". This is insufficient.Real training life requires more flexibility! Please create a new (or replace) the current blocks with a freely configurable block (up to at least 10 repetitions).A manual workaround is possible, but not status-compliant.

67 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I am writing to you to request that Training Peaks ("TP") add a sleep recordation feature. The “Sleep Feature”, which would enable athletes to (i) upload data from sleep tracking devices (i.e. jawbone, fitbit, Lark) or (ii) input such sleep information manually, similar to the way an individual inputs foods that are not listed in TP's nutrition database.

I believe the addition of the Sleep Feature would be beneficial as it would allow coaches and athletes to (i) compare and correlate the sleep data with their performance data, heart rate variability, and overall quality of training and (ii) understand the…

65 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Early this week FitnessSyncer released an update that allows for the syncing of sleep data from Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, etc. to TrainingPeaks. FitnessSyncer has been syncing workouts to TrainingPeaks for a few years. Expanding that functionality to sleep, steps, etc. has been something that we have been discussing for a while, and we are very excited that this is now available for all TrainingPeaks users.
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com

FitnessSyncer has a both free and premium accounts. Below is a coupon for 1 month free. They are also running a 25% off sale on annual subscriptions until Jan 7, 2017.

Coupon for one month free:
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/coupon?code=trainingpeaks1

We recommend reading through their FAQ page to get familiar with all the features.
    https://www.fitnesssyncer.com/frequently-asked-questions

• Word of advice, make sure you set your timezone correctly in FitnessSyncer before syncing to TrainingPeaks. *

FitnessSyncer also provides mobile apps to sync data with Apple’s HealthKit and Samsung’s S Health…

11. A feature that I have been looking for is some way for TrainingPeaks to notify me that an athlete has commented or modified a workout since I last visited.
    As of right now, if an athlete responds to my comment on TP it becomes another Post Workout Notification, and goes straight to my TP folder in Outlook. So it ends ups just mixed in with all the other PWNs. I stopped reading email notifications as there are so many and they often get duplicated. Following the workout link from an email doesn’t give access to zones and often results in…

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have been a Trainingpeaks subscriber for a number of years and I use both the web based site and the mobile app. I have all my running shoes listed in the equipment section and I keep track of the miles I run by shoe. Right now, I always have to go to the web based site to add the shoe to my workout--it does not allow me to select the equipment on the mobile app. Are there any plans to "upgrade" the functionality of the mobile app?

64 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I'm sure this has been posted but I didn't see it. I'd like to be able to export a structured workout (specifically running by HR) to my apple watch. Thanks!

60 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Why can't TrainingPeaks automatically generate / calculate Threshold Power and insert it into the account settings under:
    Account Settings>Zones>Threshold Power

I would assume TraingPeaks could do this by taking the figure from the following pod:
    Peak Power Pod (30 minutes)

The user could have an option to overwrite it if they wanted.
    This way FTP would always be updated within TrainingPeaks and other items such as: IF, TSS, etc...... would also be more consistent.

55 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. As a coach, I have the ability to adjust several aspects of my athlete's completed activity. Examples include run duration, time, and even IF. Several of athletes run on trails, and base their effort on heart rate. On the desktop website, the coach can modify the rTSS to hrTSS for athletes on trails that use HRM. Per TP suggestions, this will more accurately calculate IF, TSS, and the dashboard metrics. However, I am unable change this on the mobile app, forcing me to go to a desktop. This would be a nice feature to include.

54 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Much like you can build from % ftp it would be nice if we could create workouts based on athlete's average/self selected cadence. Probably best to use a +/- on that. So I can say avg cadence + 10 or -10, etc. The workout would make its calculations by athlete when assigned.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

March 14, 2018
    The workout builder has been updated with three new features:

1. Workout steps can be set to have an open duration. For most devices pressing the lap button will take you to the next step of the workout. This is currently available for Garmin devices. We expect other device manufacturers to implement this feature shortly. A suggested duration is still required for these steps so the planned duration and TSS for the workout can be calculated. This value will also be used for devices and file formats that do not support this feature.

2. Target values for the step (power, pace, heart-rate) can now be set to a custom range. This range will be used for Garmin devices. Most indoor cycling platforms require a single value for ERG mode, and the midpoint of the range will be used in that instance.

3. Cadence can now be set…

17. The just added read only access to the myfitnesspal feed is great. I would like to see two way exercise sync as well. Or more likely one way, from trainingpeaks into myfitnesspal.

53 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. With the release of Garmin labs running power CIQ app for the Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 is would be useful to display this in Training Peaks. I believe that this data is store in a custom developer field so we need a way to read this data in.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are still not seeing run power data in TrainingPeaks, then make sure to update the Garmin Run Power data field(s) on your watch. You want to be on version v1.10 or greater. Updating the data fields is done using either Garmin Express on your PC/Mac, or on your mobile device using the Garmin Connect app.

Garmin’s release notes mention “Support for display of power on 3rd party websites”. That is the fix for showing run power in TrainingPeaks, and other sites. https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/a26e5358-7526-4582-af7e-8606884d96bc

The update only applies to new activities, so update the data fields before your next run!

If you bike and run we power, remember to setup run specific power thresholds and zones. Most power related dashboard charts can be filtered by sport type so bike and run data can be split in to their own charts, which we recommend doing.

19. It would be great to have an option to make a workout block using "a number of steps" and "a number of repeats". So essentially combine the two options available on the current workout builder.

So I could make a single effort consisting of 5 ramps of targets, and repeat it 3 times. At the moment, I would have to enter that as a ramp block, then having to duplicate it as many times as I need.

49 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. TrainerRoad.com is becoming more and more popular, especially during inclement weather.

It would be great to have their data auto-imported (or auto published) into Training Peaks. Saves the hassle of downloading from the web, then uploading again to TP.

48 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?