TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. bring the graph "Time Spent in HR zones" to mobile versions

it would be great to see the graph "time spent in HR zones" in the mobile apps.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. display the weekly duration, mileage and TSS in the android app

display the weekly duration, mileage and TSS in the android app according to the weekly summary in the Web version.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. display the impact of planned vs. actual weekly TSS

it would be great to see what the impact is of over/under estimating TSS of a workout. e.g. if i plan 100 weekly TSS, my first workout has a planned TSS of 20 and my actual TSS of this specific workout is 30 (or 10) what would be the new accumulated weekly TSS: 210 from 200 planned (or 190 from 200 planned). especially if your ATP is based on weekly TSS it would be crucial to have the control to adapt the workouts within one week more easily.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SPM in the workout analysis (cadence for running)

it would be great to have "steps per minute" (spm) in the workout analysis as cadence instead of rotations per minute (rpm). or at least the option to change to SPM like we can for other metrics (km instead of miles, rTSS instead of hrTSS and so on..). or you might limit it to the activity type "running" at least.

WKO has this feature alredy, according to this source: https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002976467-Why-is-my-run-cadence-way-too-high-in-WKO4-and-in-TrainingPeaks-

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix calendar.

TP recently released an update to the calendar where if a workout is hidden by the coach, it will not populate data in the weekly summary. I build my plans throughout the week and have them hidden until I post them on Sunday. This is a issue when building a workout since I am unable to see all the metrics such as total TSS, hours, yardage etc. unless I unhide them. Can you please go back to the older format or allow the metrics to be seen on hidden workouts on the coaches calendar?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the PP chart infinitely variable. Do not include only the specific time intervals (5s, 10s, 12s, 20s, etc.).

The PP chart in Strava, Golden Cheetah, etc. show peak power numbers for basically all time intervals, which is very helpful. It's nice to know if someone smashed an effort 8m long, but then you see a big drop to 10m. Or if someone has a great climb that's 45-50m long and their peak performances are on that climb, but not for 30m or 1h. Those highpoints on the curve are impossible to see with the big gaps in TP.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

7. Please create a feature that automatically throws out bad data.

Most athletes get bad data from their HRM and power meter sometimes, some more than others. It would be great if TP would automatically filter out and discard data that's way out side the norm, like power and HR >10-15% more than previously established peaks.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for the feedback. This is a common request and has been added to that project’s feedback.

Future opportunities have not been added to our road map yet, but we are actively collecting feedback which contributes to the prioritization process. We do not want to set up false expectations and want to make sure that there is awareness that this update currently is not prioritized and does not have an ETA.

8. 51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add a chart which shows past FTP and change over time

Having a chart added to the library which shows what your FTP was at different points in time would be helpful in

a) tracking changes in FTP
    b) making sure it is set correctly during different periods, since it will have an impact on the PMC, TSS and other metrics.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. update webcal (add notes ; add description from workouts)

i like to see webcal updated
    - add notes (as a coach i use notes to attent athletes for things other then workout, food for the day, special preparation, clean the bike)
    - add description from workouts (as a coach i sometimes use description to put the workout information in, instead of creating a structured workout)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Whoop Recovery Score as Metric

I'm a TrainingPeaks/WKO5 coach and athlete user and have been using a WHOOP 3.0 strap for the past 6 months.

I love the opportunity to sync with TP and be able to graph the HRV, sleep times and so forth and compare with performance.

I often find though that the recovery score that covers both sleep, hrv and other factors is more in line with my performance that HRV as a stand alone metric. Therefor, I'd love to be able to graph the recovery score as metric.

It seems like a very basic thing to add and could perhaps take…

28 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. #1. Fix TP calendar "jumping back in time"; and #2. and make the "Today" button also refresh the calendar.

1. I use Firefox and my TP calendar very often resets its display to a time in the past, like 4 or 8 weeks ago. This should not happen. I am not willing to change browsers (to Chrome, which apparently TP is designed for), so please fix this fault.
    2. Request to add "Refresh" function to the "Today" calendar button so both are done in a single click. It is tedious to click "Today",then once it's on today, to then have to click "Refresh" when it is obvious that is what I wanted to see.
    4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time in Power Zones chart - can mouseover have total time of column too?

I like the Time in Power Zones chart on the dashboard page.
    When I mouseover each column, it shows me the times I've spend in each zone.
    I'd like it to show a column total too.
    The chart self solves for the vertical axis (time) without "round number" solutions, without gridlines, and thus it's hard to eyeball total time from the axis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Access Settings easier

It would be good if after logging in, I could go to my settings to update equipement, such as my running training shoes. Right now logging into the Trainingpeaks website only gives me three options: Launch App, Subscription and Payments, and finally Log out.

It would be good if 'Settings' could be added by clicking my name to go into main account settings on your website.

Sincerely,
    Michael
    A new user.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Link WKO cranklength to the crank length from the equipment linked to an activity

I've recently came to the conclusion that certain WKO data & charts do not take a custom crank length into account.

It would be good if the crank length (accessible using the cranklength expression variable) could be sent along with the activity data from TP to WKO, and used for data & charts of that activity in WKO.

I think this can be solved in a rather generic & future proof way.
    - Add an 'equipment' property to an activity when sending data from TP to WKO.
    - This property can include things like the bike used for the activity,…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to track gear (battery) life in time instead of distance

Add heart rate monitor to gear to track battery life. Or add a generic gear that can be tracked with time instead of km.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Automatically import HRV data from the Apple Watch

My Apple Watch automatically tracks my HRV and Training Peaks is already linked to Apple Health on my iPhone. Can the Training Peaks app be updated to automatically pull in HRV from Apple Health so I don't have to use a separate app to sync it across?

I'd add that the option should be flexible so we it doesn't just bring in HRV data but any data we choose from Apple Health and not just the workouts from Apple Fitness.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iPhone / iPad  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow copy/paste to multiple days

I’d like the ability to copy/paste a single workout from one day to multiple. For example, if I go on vacation, I’d create an “Other” workout and call it “Vacation”. Then, copy it from one day, and ctrl+ or shift+ select other days, then just hit paste. The workout would show up on all of the days I selected.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Return the planned time/TSS to summary on the browser when training covered up

Return the planned time/TSS to summary on the browser when training covered up. Help coaches during planning by see totals rather than have to manually add them up. Was a feature until the last few days and now it’s gone! This is in calendar view

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SMO2 and ThB data on Graph chart in Analyze mode of web

As an athlete, I would like to have Oxygen saturation (SMo2) and Total Hemoglobin (ThB) as data points available to select or deselect within the Graph chart within the Analyze mode on the web. Currently, my only method for looking at SMO2 and ThB are via the Scatter Plot chart, which is not ideal.

I realize many users may not have Muscule Oxygen monitors, and the tabs should appear only on workouts that have those data points, and should be plotted alongside power, heart rate, cadence, speed etc.

For example, if an athlete uses a bike that is not power-meter…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base