TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on how TrainingPeaks can be even better! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, and constructive customer feedback has a direct impact on shaping our software. If you need help with TrainingPeaks, or need to report a problem, please contact our Support Team here: http://help.trainingpeaks.com

To stay up to date on our latest feature releases, please refer to our TrainingPeaks Feature Updates blog post:
http://home.trainingpeaks.com/blog/article/trainingpeaks-feature-updates

Thanks for your suggestions!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Smart Segments

WKO3 had Multifile Range Analysis, where you manually added segments to a comparison file so you compare your past efforts on a particular part of a ride. This was dropped for WKO4 (booo).

WKO5 has Smart Segments based on GPS data recognising you were riding the same road as a previously identified Smart Segment. These fail in two ways though.

1. You can't remove efforts from the analysis where you were just sitting in a bunch having a chat. This will quickly make finding the date you want to analyses more difficult, as it will be surrounded by data you don't…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  WKO+  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add inline skating as a workout category

It would be great if inline skating could be added to your platform, I also noticed that a coach is offering inline skate training plans - so I think this makes sense - thanks! https://www.trainingpeaks.com/training-plans/other/tp-47613/8-weeks-prepare-for-inline-speed-skating-marathon

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Smart description, pre- and post-activity comments

The description, pre-, and post-activity comments fields could work with basic math functions and variables (eg. set FTP).

For example, I like to note "15+17+12=44 minutes of sweet spot intervals". The web app could do the math for me, just like Excel.

Another option is to check interval numbers against reference metrics like FTP or max HR. For example, I could write 30 min @ 300/FTP, and it would return the interval avg power/FTP ratio.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Tag device used to record session

TrainingPeaks web app could read the device brand & model used to record the session (just like WKO5 does) add this info in the tags section or elsewhere. It would be helpful when dealing with duplicates or asking an athlete to change a specific setting on his device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Build a chart with average speed per training session (biking)

I would like to build me a chart (bars or curves) where i can see the development of my average speed withina certain time period (last year, month, week, all time, custom etc). It would be very fine if TP could add such a chart to the chart library.
    The average speed is calculated in the workout overview, therefor it should not be so difficult to access this value and built a chart from this data?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. A way for athletes to book a call with their coach

I’m would be great for coaches to be able to have a ‘calendar’ where we can have our available times and days for calls. Then athletes can just sign up weekly and once they do we get messaged. Since athletes are so busy it’s hard to always get calls in and now that I have more athletes, I’m spending more time organizing this then I am writing programs. I’ve tried calendry but it’s one more site they have to go to so many don’t bother I’m trying to use TrainingPeaks for everything, this added service would really help me manage…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. mynetdiary

Having used both apps side by side for weeks, I find MyNetDiary to be a cleaner faster UI than My Fitness Pal. I find the MND accuracy at least as good if not better than MFP. I find in fitness threads that MND has a userbase that is not being recognized, and many of these users want TP integration. I think overall almost every athlete at this point wishes for ONE platform that will capture any and all the metrics that athlete wants to measure and that all the athletes preferred vendors would just sync and share this information. I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sync all data from TrainingPeaks activities that include multiple data files

At the moment, if I have multiple data files associated with a single activity in TrainingPeaks (e.g. a ride that recorded in two parts) only the data from the first file will sync' to WKO5. I'd like all the data to sync' so the extent of the activity matches that shown in TrainingPeaks.

I've attached a couple of screen shots showing an example. The first is a 3-part activity in TrainingPeaks. The second is that same activity in WKO5 which only includes the first part recorded in the first file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync all data from TrainingPeaks activities that include multiple data files

At the moment, if I have multiple data files associated with a single activity in TrainingPeaks (e.g. a ride that recorded in two parts) only the data from the first file will sync' to WKO5. I'd like all the data to sync' so the extent of the activity matches that shown in TrainingPeaks.

I've attached a couple of screen shots showing an example. The first is a 3-part activity in TrainingPeaks. The second is that same activity in WKO5 which only includes the first part recorded in the first file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. More options for “Availability” feature.

I love your new feature named “Available “ but it only allows you to be “unavailable.” Athletes travel for work, training, and or races and coaches need to be informed. The “availability” option should allow an athlete to input their status in this box. This would allow more communication between athlete and coach.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add an option for "Travel Day". It could be a category/type of "Event" but nice to be different than "Availability"

I am frequently adding travel days as "Event" and "other" but reducing the steps and simply having "traval day" as an option could be nice for scheduling workouts and scheduling around travel.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Calendar Complaince Colors to Consider Distance

Currently, Calendar Compliance color-coding relies is only determined by time, despite some workouts using distance as the dominant goal. For example, some coaching notes will indicate to cover whatever distance you can in 30 minutes (time-dominant), while others state to run 3 miles and not worry how long it takes you (distance dominant).

The current time-only algorithm codes distance-dominant workouts completed in less time seem “negative” by coding them yellow or orange. In actuality, these may be green - depending on the instruction. Would be great to either align the algorithm with the instructions or allow users to manually choose…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Adaptation Compact view

Where is the old compact view? At the moment it just changes the font size and in the older version information were reduced, but this does not matter if you code your workouts.
    Maybe you could offer Layout Options like these for Summary or QuickView as shown in the adapted screenshot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add also French & English in application please

English is available on pc but not in the app and French is also not available

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Devices  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. search plan for strucutred workouts wiht HR & cadence

pls. extend the earch for plans by the following fields:
    - strucutred workouts refere to HR (not FP)
    - - HR golal
    - - HR range
    - strucutured workouts/bike include cadence
    - - cadence goal
    - - cadence range

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. organise training plans into folders and search them

I have several traning plans in he training plan library (below workout library.

It would be great to be able to strukture those plans into folders.
    MAybe also filter the plans like filtering the workouts. Filter should be the same like in "search training plan"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Spilt Calendar day in to Morning, Midday, Afternoon, Evening

It would be great to align the weeks training workouts into what part of the day I would like to train. To better organise around work etc

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Flag atrial fibrillation

I always thought i has asthma as i would get a tightness in the throat sometimes when riding. It wasn't until i got on zwift and saw that during the episode my hear rate > 210 bpm. I hadnt noticed this before as out on the road often RF may cause a spike. Flagging an abnormally high bpm may assist with getting earlier intervention

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Option to enter phase of cycle for female athletes

Hi there! Just some general feedback regarding a function I think would be extremely useful for female athletes and their coaches. I noticed there is an option to add 'Menstruation' in metrics, but it only allows the athlete to communicate the heaviness of her period. What would be more useful is a metric that allows the athlete to note the phase of her cycle, as this has a more significant impact on training than her menses. For example. you could have 'Cycle Phase' with the option of 'Follicular', 'Ovulatory', 'Luteal' etc., as many coaches are using this information to determine…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

TrainingPeaks Customer Feedback

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base